Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 12:39 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlossomingUniverse View Post
We do not want money to be the main focus behind any school. Our daughter's education comes first and foremost.
You are contradiciting yourself because I've told you the best private schools in Orlando are Windermere Prep and Lake Highland, at least from my research when I lived in Orlando and the families I met who sent their kids to these schools. If education was most important than you would overlook the financials of that school or if they have a good sports program. Lake Highland is the best in every category pretty much, sports being one of them. Most great private schools also have roots in religion. It shouldn't matter unless they teach that religion in school. You are essentially asking me to give you proof, which isn't my responsibility unless you were my client and this was a paid job lol. It also takes a lot of money in order to attract the best teachers and provide the best facilities.

Make appointments with every school and they will be happy to show their stats and campus to you. I know multiple non-religious families on my street in Dr. Phillips that sent their kids to Lake Highland because they provide the best education and facilities. They said they shopped around a lot. I knew one family that chose Windermere Prep. They said they wanted to go to Lake Highland, but they didn't want to use their shuttle service and they didn't want to make the drive. Windermere Prep was their second choice. And I personally found Lake Highland to have the nicest campus, most organized staff and best statistics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 11:46 PM

8 posts, read 23,764 times
Yes, we have considered public school, and have decided against it for personal reasons. As well, they change quickly.. some from being great to good to poor, and vise-versa. We also appreciate that most private schools have much lower student to teacher ratio, allowing for more one-on-one attention to each student.

HS is 10+ years away from our needs in 2014, which is for a kindergarten.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:52 PM

8 posts, read 23,764 times
Thank you for expanding on your information, bmw, which is what I am looking for overall. We will have scheduled tours for each school when the time comes.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,365 times
Default Bilingual Elementary school in Orlando

Hello,

We will moving to Orlando and we are looking for a good Elementary School in this area.
Could Somebody tell me please, if there is any bilingual Elementary school in Orlando (spanish-english or german-english). Preferently private Schools, because they have a low number of Pupils per Classroom but we would consider also public schools, if they are good.

Thanks.

Last edited by Evalina; 01-01-2014 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Bilingual Elementary school in Orlando

Old 01-05-2014, 05:43 PM

82 posts, read 204,805 times
Default Good Elementary School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evalina View Post
Hello,

We will moving to Orlando and we are looking for a good Elementary School in this area.
Could Somebody tell me please, if there is any bilingual Elementary school in Orlando (spanish-english or german-english). Preferently private Schools, because they have a low number of Pupils per Classroom but we would consider also public schools, if they are good.

Thanks.
Windermere Elementary is a great school. The ratio is one teacher per 18 students, which is the same or close to the same of most of the private schools in the area. I think some preschools will do a 1/15, but most are at 1/18.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,679 times
I love the Crenshaw school! My daughter has been there since kindergarden and is now in 7th grade. They are very flexible and allow kids to float to higher classes my daughter does math with 9th grade. It's small no more than 12 in a class, and everyone knows everyone else and is friends with everyone else in the school it is a unique and wonderful atmosphere and learning environment. We have quite a few international students too. Every child is different though so best to view them all and make your own mind up.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,538 times
I was searching and ran into this forum so registered. Your question is verbatim the exact question we had! We also are moving to the Windermere area and trying to find a similar school to our beloved Montessori school in our current state. This would be for our almost 4 year old. Did you find any good information you could share?

We are also looking for our 7 year old who is currently in a dual Spanish immersion program and our 6 month old who currently has a nanny watch her, but we are open to a Montessori based preschool for that young age (not sure that even exists for such a young age for ~8-4 day). Maybe the Foreign Language Immersion School is the way to go for the 6 mo old and 4 yr old (and the 7 yr old?). This is so overwhelming!

Thanks for any help!

Old 05-26-2014, 02:35 PM

2 posts, read 1,927 times
We are moving to Orlando in December and I was wondering if anyone could help me with schools, good areas to live, etc...

I have heard a lot about Windermere and Winter Park, what do you think?

Also, is Windermere Park a great school? I want one with no religion affiliation and diversity.

What about Celebration? I read the public schools there are among the best in Florida.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

Old 05-26-2014, 07:32 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Winter Park has the best public schools followed by Dr. Phillips (Dr Phillips High) / Windermere (Olympia High)

Old 05-27-2014, 07:26 AM

492 posts, read 1,024,749 times
Hillcrest Elementary in downtown is a foreign language academy... immersion in French, Spanish, or Vietnamese (although they are no longer accepting new students in Vietnamese, as I believe they are closing the program once those enrolled make their way out of the school).

It is a magnet school. You needn't be zoned for it. However, the magnet window has closed for entrance in 2014.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando