Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2007, 03:06 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,259,334 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to inform any tourists that vist Orlando of some things that you should not do on the streets while driving here on your trip to Orlando. I have seen at least one car that has been wrecked from accidents everyday where I work out in Lake Buena Vista...I deliver pizza out there around the Disney area and I noticed alot of bad driving habits that you wouldn't see in a normal city and these habits lead to alot of wrecks.

Please Please Please ....Whatever you do please get off the main roads if you are lost....look for somewhere to turn into to look at your map or ask questions to someone.....do not ask people that are driving beside you.

Another thing is if you think you are going to miss the street you are supposed to turn down or if you did miss the street then do not come to a complete stop and wait to get over to turn down that street......and do not cut over 3 lanes of traffic to do that either.....please keep driving until you get to a U-turn and then make your way back to that street.

One last thing .....If you are interested in looking at an area that has lots of resturants or shops and you drive at a slow pace on the main road just to read the names of the stores or resturants/attractions then you are putting yourself and others in danger.......I have seen people "everyday" go 20 mph on a 35 mph street just because they wanted to see something.....if you really want to look at things like that then just pull into the area where it is because i have seen people come to a slower pace out of nowhere and the guy behind them almost back ends them and ive seen cars smashed up from that too.

I am just tired of seeing the same things everyday out here and seeing the accidents that could have been prevented

I guarentee that people do not have these same habits in thier own town....so why drive differently on your trip....yes it may be Disney and seem like a vacation atmosphere but stopping in the middle of the road at a dead stop when traffic is flowing or doing other things i mentioned just because you are on vacation could cause you and others injury or damage to your cars so i would say ...just drive as if you were back in your hometown.....If you are lost in your hometown do you stop in the middle of the street or try at the last minute to cut people off by going over 3 lanes just to get to the turn you need to make?

If you avoid these things you will make my life and other local peoples lives less stressfull on the roads and you will stay safe while driving

Thank You,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: