Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2007, 08:55 PM

3 posts, read 12,373 times

Advertisements

Anyone I could use your help. I am a 39 divorce white female sales executive,no kids so not looking in a school district I am newly divorced after 17 years of marriage and not sure how one goes about meeting someone in a big city moving from Midtown Atlanta to Orlando. Not into the on-line dating thing too scary.. I am looking for an apartment 1b/1b for about $1000-$1500 a month. I have looked at the following places to rent. The Grande, Metropolitan, China Glass Warehouses, and The Thornton Lofts and also Cityview Apartments. Company is transfering me and I only have 2 weeks to decide. I want a place that I can meet new friends and maybe meet someone.

The only thing that I know about is The Grande I heard it was full of partying kids is that true. What are the other places like.

thanks,

Belle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 07:32 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,145,135 times
I'd have to agree that the Grande has more "partying kids" than any of the other condo's you mentioned, as would the metropolitan, but it shouldn't be too bad. Both were once apartment complexes turned condo, now being rented out by a smathering individuals...this comes with not as good a management usually.

It sounds like in your situation you'd be better off around the Thornton Park area. It's a more mature area with nicer "hang out" places like wine bars and small local restaurants. If your out and about much you will meet plenty of new people.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:20 AM

55 posts, read 209,060 times
If you want to live downtown I'd suggest a few of the more upscale condo buildings such as the Sanctuary, 530 E. Central, 10 N. Summerlin, the Waverly or perhaps Solaire. Of course, these condo's will cost you more in rent each month but with that you create some distance between yourself and the young partying kids which do comprise a large segment of the renters in some of the downtown condo's.

If you're in town, drive through Thornton Park or Historic Lake Eola Heights and take a look at the neighborhoods. You will see some 'for rent' signs in yards and may locate a lovely bungalow for rent as well.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:48 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,391 times
Have you ever been to Orlando? it`s not a big city, Atlanta is a big city, Orlando is more of a mid size city probably not as lively as Atlanta, never been to ATL but I know people who have and they say it`s a hip city.

But the areas posted above seem like good starts and welcome to O-town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: