Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 02:11 PM

254 posts, read 790,222 times

Advertisements

Thanks GLS2010! I just spoke w/someone who lives in Tampa and she said that they're building left & right in Brandon!!!! She aslo said that the HS is good!!!! Whew!! I guess we have to look into Brandon now,,thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 10:32 AM

6 posts, read 11,306 times
As I read some of the posts, some are very positive and most are very negative about the Orlando area. I have lived in Boca Raton 6 yrs. and Orlando for 3. I had to move up to VT for the past 5 years (family issues) and I just returned from a trip in Orlando. My wife and I love it there and can't wait to move back. (Lake Mary), we are not spanish we do talk to our neighbors and they have always talk to us. If everyone that complains so much about Orlando,the heat, traffic and spanish, then why don't they just move elseware.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:41 AM

189 posts, read 436,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyinvt View Post
As I read some of the posts, some are very positive and most are very negative about the Orlando area. I have lived in Boca Raton 6 yrs. and Orlando for 3. I had to move up to VT for the past 5 years (family issues) and I just returned from a trip in Orlando. My wife and I love it there and can't wait to move back. (Lake Mary), we are not spanish we do talk to our neighbors and they have always talk to us. If everyone that complains so much about Orlando,the heat, traffic and spanish, then why don't they just move elseware.

I completely agree with you!! and I have neighbors that talk to me and I talk to them, I'm nice, and people are nice to me. I love Orlando, yea there are things here that could change to make the city better, but its a unique place, and people don't want to accpet that, because they would rather have it be like another city, well every city is different. Every ity has its character. If people realy want something, they should make it happen. It almost feels like a competition of who can complain the most, and who has the worst horror story. Its so annoying.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:23 PM

6 posts, read 11,306 times
Completley agree with you. I do not complain about every little thing (except for the long cold winters here)lol, but honestly, when I lived in E. Orlando in Cypres Springs (Waterford Lakes) people were very polite and friendly. It is a very nice area to be in and enjoyed living there very much. Our neighborhood actually looked out for each other and would do you a favor at a drop of a hat.
We are very excited to move back down and have the same realtionship with others.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:33 PM

Default Winter Haven

GLS2010! Just checked the distance from Brandon to Orlando and it's way too far for DH. Seems like Winter Haven would be a good mid point for us; an hr commute fr Tampa and an hr commute from Orlando as well.

Anybody can give me any info re. winter haven? high schools? safe community? thanks.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:02 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixau27 View Post
GLS2010! Just checked the distance from Brandon to Orlando and it's way too far for DH. Seems like Winter Haven would be a good mid point for us; an hr commute fr Tampa and an hr commute from Orlando as well.

Anybody can give me any info re. winter haven? high schools? safe community? thanks.
I think there is a Lakeland subsection, you'd probably get more answers there. It's not really considered a part of the greater Orlando area.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:23 AM

Default Winter Haven

Thanks Annerk! I'm getting so stress out over this! And here I was happy we'd be in Florida!!!! Ugh!

Old 05-29-2010, 05:18 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
So I went to Baldwin Park for the 1st time today. That's quite the place.
It was weird driving in there. I hadn't been in that area since it was the Navy base.

My ladies group had a party at the chocolate store over there.

I'll be back over there.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:11 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Default I have left Orlando

and am living in Vegas now...just thought I'd let everybody know. I will continue to post on this forum though if that's ok

Old 05-31-2010, 05:27 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
and am living in Vegas now...just thought I'd let everybody know. I will continue to post on this forum though if that's ok
Thats awesome. Best of luck with what ever you want to do there. Keep posting here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando