U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 03:42 PM

29,281 posts, read 16,673,856 times

Advertisements

I know Orlando is the tourist capital of the world -but for regular rentals -do the prices lower after the snow birds leave? Do you get snowbirds like we do in Clearwater, Tampa etc? Seem renst were less not to long ago now they freeaking skyrocketting again=== so my question is-- is it normally this way due to winter seasons? I want to rent a one or 2 bedroom and boy my new promotion looks like crap with the rental prices now. I can stay with family for a bit if they go down in April, if not I guess just move inthe hood or keep my part time. ughh
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 11:32 AM

30 posts, read 104,582 times
For normal rentals in non-tourist areas I think not. Most people rent in one year increments. Most property management companies and many HOA rules would require a one year commitment. This avoids having the house sit vacant during the slow seasons.
For The Villages retirement community, rent is definitely higher if you just want a short-term rental in the winter. I would assume many snow birds are 55+ and would stay in one of the many 55+ communities while staying in Florida.
If you want cheap prices you just need to go out from the best areas a bit. Clermont is a great city and much cheaper than Orlando for housing. Winter Garden is good too.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:02 PM

Yea kids live in Clermont,,, I dont want to drive that far to new job on the other side of airport, but was just wondering if these rental prices like $900 for one bedrooms- (that's what they are in Miami)... are here to stay UGH,,, dont know how norm Fl natives can afford them...base income is $8-10 hr,, I think they are trying to run is all out and keep FL for the wealthy.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:38 PM

30 posts, read 104,582 times
On the east side there are plenty of cheap rentals. Around Lee Vista Blvd should be cheap, mainly because the schools there are some of the worst in Orlando and the airplane noise can be extreme. There are lots of apartments along Semoran. $900/mo is very cheap though, depending on what is included. This price point isn't the target market for snow birds, so the answer to your original question is no. Snow birds are retirees paying $3000/mo to live in The Villages, Boca Raton, or Palm Beach. To be a snow bird you have to have a high net worth or high income, meaning you aren't living in a tiny apartment.
A lot of lower income folks live in St. Cloud and Kissimmee. St Cloud is a pleasant city with pretty much everything and 20 minutes to the airport.
Rental prices are only going to go up. Orlando is a thriving growing city and lots of people are moving here. The airport is expanding, Medical City is expanding, UCF is expanding, all of which are creating housing demands in East Orlando where you are.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:44 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,543,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yea kids live in Clermont,,, I dont want to drive that far to new job on the other side of airport, but was just wondering if these rental prices like $900 for one bedrooms- (that's what they are in Miami)... are here to stay UGH,,, dont know how norm Fl natives can afford them...base income is $8-10 hr,, I think they are trying to run is all out and keep FL for the wealthy.
Any place that you sign a 12 month lease has nothing to do with tourist they do not get 12 a month lease.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:12 AM

well I PT at HD and in Clearwater the Canadians are all in mobile homes. efficiencies and not expensive places,,The come, they buy the cheapest they can get, and fix up what they bought. I know they live in HD all day. it is very hard to find any apts as the 7 mo leases are theirs until April then they leave the colleges close for summer and the regular apts complexes are begging - great specials and even pay to move you in. My move tt last apt was free with $200 off the first mo rent. and 1 yr lease.. Moved in April 30- so as this move-- the job will tell me when to show up for work, just wondering if in April the apts are more available and better move in deals. Just thought ORL areas might be similar to TampaBay.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 PM

26,589 posts, read 59,056,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Most people with experience and education make a lot more than that.

I wouldn't get out of bed for that type of money.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Most people with experience and education make a lot more than that.

I wouldn't get out of bed for that type of money.
So what are you trying to say? probably 70% of the people in FL make that - so they should all stay home in bed and let your sweet taxes feed them? Apparently - and as some don't keep up with news and the economy--- many educated experienced people are retaling and in service jobs for now? So you want to donate,,, I know a few folks who would love to stay in bed. !
I personally consider some places completely over priced for what you get at $900/1000- they are shabby and well just not worth that... it is all about the supply and demand... and I have plenty of time to shop around.

Last edited by tinytrump; 01-27-2014 at 03:29 PM..

Old 01-27-2014, 03:41 PM

8,963 posts, read 7,889,820 times
Annerk always says stuff like that when given the opportunity.

I make good coin, I'd never say something like that.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:19 PM

well. what goes up must one day come down... I stay humble -seen the best n the worst of both worlds. I never look down an any person, and as the say -only like 500 people own 1/2 of the world's wealth, doubt any in here rate in that number, so we are in the bottom 1/2 lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>