Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:09 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna3406 View Post
go to apartmentratings.com and look up avalon reserve. call the OCSO and ask them about the complex. There are a few nice apartment complexes around there but avalon reserve is the one hidden in the back. kids dont need to be in the streets after dark period.
Apartment ratings aren't the most reliable source. Very few people have reason to go on there if they haven't had any problems, and those that do probably post multiple times. I lived in Santa Barbara Apartments in Winter Park for two years and I didn't have any problems with cockroaches, drug dealers, and my car was never broken into despite all the reviews that claimed it was a hellhole.

Yeah, the staff was slower then molasses when it came to fixing stuff and the dumpster was always overflowing but I was paying under $500 for a 1 bdrm, you get what you pay for.

As for the kids, like I said where would you not find that? I think I live in a fairly nice neighborhood now and they STILL don't move. They stare at you until you run their asses over or go around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 12:56 PM

123 posts, read 134,425 times
The kids in the neighborhood apparently do that too.

Last edited by Major League; 12-05-2007 at 02:21 PM..

Old 12-05-2007, 01:00 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,002,583 times
Before commenting on the neighborhood and the people in there..I recommend going in there and seeing the area. Drive a bit..park..and walk around. You will notice that this "community" is not what you want associated with Avalon, let alone near it. And yes, I also heard there are more in the pipeline...so whatever you see in and around this community, expect in the near future for it to expand and get progressively worse...but don't take my word for it..go and see it!

Old 12-05-2007, 01:03 PM

Where is Avalon Reserve all?

Old 12-05-2007, 01:06 PM

I looked it up. Isnt that near the new apartments that are being built?

Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 PM

85 posts, read 365,707 times
its the apartments that are in back in the way back. they are different colored apartments.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:29 PM

85 posts, read 365,707 times
right after you turn on avalon its a mile up on the right!

Old 12-05-2007, 02:22 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Before commenting on the neighborhood and the people in there..I recommend going in there and seeing the area. Drive a bit..park..and walk around. You will notice that this "community" is not what you want associated with Avalon, let alone near it. And yes, I also heard there are more in the pipeline...so whatever you see in and around this community, expect in the near future for it to expand and get progressively worse...but don't take my word for it..go and see it!
going to look is probably the best thing to do. When I was looking for housing, I would go at night and park or walk around. That's when you get the true sense of the community, after the office is closed.

I actually looked at the Avalon and there a lots and lots of minorities there - which isn't a necessarily bad thing, since I'm one, but I always keep demographics in mind when I'm making decisions - there were also lotd of broken down cars in the parking spaces, and random people everywhere. I chose not to live there for personal reasons, but that being said I didn't have any problems while I was there.

The property itself is cared for, which isn't really that big of a deal since it's mostly parking lot anyway but the people didn't bother me and nothing happened to my car. The people aren't escaped convicts - they're just not that well off.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,026 times
How sorry I feel for many sorry people, who are one track mind and think they are better than anyone else. I have 11 years of college, single mom, lost everything to a divorce and got very ill. Could not work for seven years and now I'm on section 8. I'm well educated and served the community. Been a school teacher too. I don't think I will hurt anyone or rob or kill. I do know people that live on Avalon park and how they got there and it wasn't getting a degree from Harvard. People need to stop generalizing or judging. This is why our world is the way it is. If we were really smart creatures we would live in a perfect world. Some people fall on hard times even the smartest and the richest and you just burry them deeper there is no pulling them out. But since Avalon Park is exclusive use the extra pennies if you may to screen all those section 8 people and pick the ones you want

Old 04-03-2008, 06:50 PM

20 posts, read 97,480 times
Default Section 8 Housing is not Accurate

There was a piece in the past in the East Orlando Sun. They stated this Section 8 issue to be a myth. There will be approx. 10% of the homes that will be lower rated homes, however they will be on a sliding scale but not "Section 8" funded.

I wish people researched first and chatted later. Education is the KEY. Also, FYI it might be off of Avalon Park BLVD but it is NOT TECHNICALLY AVALON PARK. It is closer to WATERFORD CHASE/ LAKES.

HTH's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando