Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 03:49 AM

57 posts, read 59,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
No kidding! I think there's too many slow drivers here especially on one-lane roads like Boggy Creek. Most people driving here would not last one day in Dallas! If Orlando wants to be a big city than start driving like it! Peace

So does Dallas have the same signs that warn about the fine you pay when running red lights at every major intersection hun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 10:08 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSpEcT View Post
So does Dallas have the same signs that warn about the fine you pay when running red lights at every major intersection hun?

No, they at least try to make the city better looking than posting a stupid $183.50 fine at some intersections, and they have alot better planning than Orlando, sorry to put you guys on the defensive.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:11 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Default traffic tickets

To me the crime is the $183.50 charge those people will face Why has the outrageous fines imposed been approved by us? It doesn't seem right to me that a city should be able to place tickets in their budget for their revenue stream. tell me how that does not induce a quota?
when politicians and police talk about making us safer and needing more money these new hires are not assigned to dealing with the crimes that would "make us safer" they need to work on deaths, rapes, and robberies, but unfortunately there is no income stream in that and hence no motivation by police bureaucrats or politicians. seems the system is in need of an over haul.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:05 PM

123 posts, read 134,451 times
What is the crime here? Isnt it RUNNING THE RED LIGHT?!? Now someone is complaining that the amount is too high? Please tell me I am misunderstanding you. Outrageous fines? YOU ARE RUNNING A RED LIGHT! If someone runs a red light and outs my family in danger, God help me. I have no patience for that.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:23 AM

57 posts, read 59,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major League View Post
What is the crime here? Isnt it RUNNING THE RED LIGHT?!? Now someone is complaining that the amount is too high? Please tell me I am misunderstanding you. Outrageous fines? YOU ARE RUNNING A RED LIGHT! If someone runs a red light and outs my family in danger, God help me. I have no patience for that.

I will agree. If you do the crime you pay the time or the cash in this case. If the fine was lower that would make it easier for people to say that they can just blast thru a red light. Personally I think it should be a $500 fine. It's simple..Remember the game "Red light, Green Light"? It's a simple kids game out there with real lights but adults don't even have the patience that kids have in that game..Isn't that ironic?

Old 12-07-2007, 04:22 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Do you guys live in the SAME Orlando I do? The same town where the driving is outrageous, you can't go to the grocery store without seeing a cross by the side of the road because someone was killed there?

Anything from cameras to outrageous fines that the police can and will do to make it better is fine with me.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:37 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,032,562 times
I can't tell how many times I've been behind cars at red lights, and when the light turns green they just sit there or crawl away.

The light always turns green after it is red. People should be ready and accelerate through the turn. They need to be considerate and aware of the people witing in line behind them.

If traffic moved smartly through intersections people wouldn't run red lights. When there are twenty cars in line and only three go through the intersection before the light changes, it's no wonder drivers get frustrated.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:07 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
It is a catch22 isn't it? If you go as soon as the light turns green you risk getting hit by someone running a red light, so you don't go the minute the light turns green and only 3 cars go through, thus ppl keep going after the light turns red.

They have cameras and a light on the traffic signal that comes on when the light turns yellow, then red. I know the police use that as a way to catch red light runners and it has helped but with the amount of traffic you will always have a few who don't want to wait.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:30 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
It is a catch22 isn't it? If you go as soon as the light turns green you risk getting hit by someone running a red light, so you don't go the minute the light turns green and only 3 cars go through, thus ppl keep going after the light turns red.

They have cameras and a light on the traffic signal that comes on when the light turns yellow, then red. I know the police use that as a way to catch red light runners and it has helped but with the amount of traffic you will always have a few who don't want to wait.
That is easy enough solved if the lights were timed where at the end of every green light there was a few seconds where all directions are red. This would allow the intersection to always be clear when the next group of cars enter. It would also allow cars making a left to safely complete their left before being faced with on coming traffic. This is not brain surgery and you could save lives with simple solutions.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:32 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
[quote=AONE;2187199]To me the crime is the $183.50 charge those people will face Why has the outrageous fines imposed been approved by us? It doesn't seem right to me that a city should be able to place tickets in their budget for their revenue stream. tell me how that does not induce a quota?
when politicians and police talk about making us safer and needing more money these new hires are not assigned to dealing with the crimes that would "make us safer" they need to work on deaths, rapes, and robberies, but unfortunately there is no income stream in that and hence no motivation by police bureaucrats or politicians. seems the system is in need of an over haul.[/QUOTE

Have you ever been hit by a person running a red light? Happened to me on my motorcycle. It hurt, and the steel rods in my leg don't feel good in the cold wheather either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando