Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 01:08 AM

19 posts, read 24,082 times

Advertisements

While people may enjoy visiting Disneyworld, the fact remains that it is one big shakedown operation. You are paying nearly $100 to enter the park, plus $17 for parking. On top of that everything you buy at the park including food, drink, and souviner's are over priced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 06:41 AM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,881 times
I think Disney is over rated. The lines are far too long for a ride that last a few short minutes. The high volume of people wandering around, on top of you, etc. can make anyone feel claustrophobic. And the screaming, annoying, younger children make matters worse! The unbearable heat and cost of paying $4,000-$5,000.00 for that "experience" makes it even less enjoyable.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:46 AM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcs934 View Post
While people may enjoy visiting Disneyworld, the fact remains that it is one big shakedown operation. You are paying nearly $100 to enter the park, plus $17 for parking. On top of that everything you buy at the park including food, drink, and souviner's are over priced.
Yup. The fees are ridiculous.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:31 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,176,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcs934 View Post
Pretty much happens at most tourist places that are privately owned. For example in another country was going to head to a waterfall park.
Cost 40 bucks to get in to walk the trails and see nature. Read some reviews and found out you could only see the falls from mile . There was a gate and another $40 charge to walk the mile to the falls to get a close up view or swim in t he water. BTW locals there got in for half the price. The food in the restaurant was 1/2 price of what out of country tourists were charged, too. So it is not just a Disney thing....at least there you basically pay the same.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:37 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Maybe for a theme park it is a good destination but not everyone thinks of a theme park as a travel destination. Other destinations might be a beach, a great city, a national park. For that price, two people could go to Europe. For a lot cheaper, a family could take a camping trip.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:41 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,825 times
My 9 and 10 YOs have a blast at DW and I love watching them have so much fun.

Last summer we were one of the 1st customers at Universal to ride the Transformers. It was brand new and you could tell big time difference between Trans and some of the older 3D rides that were worn out.

As a child I loved WDW as a hard charging partier through my 20s and 30s when I was single, young and looking for more adult like destinations I didn't go to WDW. Now that I have children I love WDW again. See how that works, its called life

Old 04-21-2014, 09:56 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,055,460 times
What an annoying article. No research data from website reviews or actual polls...just pure personal opinion. The author doesn't want to hang out with kids and Disney fans, so the place is a top 10 most disappointing destination? I guess the rides, the shows, the atmosphere...all of that doesn't really matter. Everybody who complains about Disney also points out waiting in lines in sweltering heat. How about not going in the summer? October through May you have a lot of great weather...certainly nothing unbearable during those months.

I have found Disney to be one of the vacations that really doesn't disappoint. It delivers every time, which is why way more people like it than don't. Caroline Morse is clearly only interested in off the beaten path, non-touristy, eclectic spots that she can brag about to people like the ones who hang out on the City vs City forum.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
Thanks, Pete C. Yeah, not going in the middle of the hottest part of the year changes people's perspective amazingly. It isn't difficult to figure out that going at Spring Break isn't probably the best decision either.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:47 PM

626 posts, read 976,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
What an annoying article. No research data from website reviews or actual polls...just pure personal opinion. The author doesn't want to hang out with kids and Disney fans, so the place is a top 10 most disappointing destination? I guess the rides, the shows, the atmosphere...all of that doesn't really matter. Everybody who complains about Disney also points out waiting in lines in sweltering heat. How about not going in the summer? October through May you have a lot of great weather...certainly nothing unbearable during those months.

I have found Disney to be one of the vacations that really doesn't disappoint. It delivers every time, which is why way more people like it than don't. Caroline Morse is clearly only interested in off the beaten path, non-touristy, eclectic spots that she can brag about to people like the ones who hang out on the City vs City forum.

Yes I totally agree with you. that was my first thought, her own personal opinion. We happen to love DW, so do our adult kids and grandchildren. So we like fun! Sorry Caroline.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:20 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,870,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Disney can be a great destination in FLA. but its downside is you will do lots of walking in probably very hot temperatures, very crowded with many lineups,very expensive..
Not if you go at the right time. I go in February and the weather is comfortable and the crowds moderate. I do have kids but even if I didn't I would still enjoy Disney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando