Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2014, 03:12 PM

5 posts, read 9,930 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are researching relocating to Florida. We will both be able to find work- husband postal employee and can transfer laterally to an office with opening and I am a nurse with speciality in homecare for 18 years. We currently have a 2 daughters 4th and 7th grade. We are interested in central Florida, my parents live in The Villages, Fl, so looking to somewhat close to them. We have a priority to find a great school system, housing range from $300-400. Need some advice on good areas. Husband is also into fishing and would love to be near a lake, on is ideal but I don't think for 400,000 that might be possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 06:50 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
It might be difficult to find a home on a lake for that price, but there are many neighborhoods on great ski/fishing/boating lakes that have private docks for their residents. The best lakes in CFL in great school districts are Conway Chain of Lakes that includes the Boone/Blankner district, Butler Chain of Lakes which is the Windermere/Dr. Phillips area, Lake Brantley which includes Altamonte Springs, Wekiva and Sweetwater, Bear Lake which is same as Lake Brantley district, and Lake Nona, although I'm not sure about the boating on Lake Nona. All these areas have great schools, should be easily drivable to the Villages, and good recreational lakes. BTW some of the best fishing areas in CFL are in between Orlando and The Villages at the Dora Chain of Lakes.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:00 AM

492 posts, read 1,024,749 times
Conway is not zoned for Blankner, though, and the middle school leaves a lot to be desired. Blankner has a fairly small zone right around the school. If the OP opts for a magnet middle, moves into a good elementary zone (both good and bad exist in the Conway area), she'll be okay. High school won't be an issue; Boone is and should remain a very good school.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:01 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
I forgot to add Winter Park and Maitland which also have their own chain of lakes, great school district. There's also College Park with Lake Ivanhoe, but the schools aren't the greatest, not bad just not the best.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:01 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
There are homes in Clermont zoned for East Ridge HS (A rated) and A rated elementary and Middles that are on lakes and in your price range.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:14 PM

8 posts, read 28,241 times
Hi nursemom, i am also a home care nurse considering relocating. Good luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando