Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 08:05 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times

Advertisements

no. its not bad. a little diversity is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmain View Post
Is that bad? I wouldn't want Orlando to become another Miami, but I think having a mixture of people is fine.
I think it will be, yes. Maybe not quite to that extent though. Are you not familiar w. Orlando, dolmain?

Old 06-29-2014, 12:48 PM

399 posts, read 719,757 times
No I'm not familiar with Orlando. Today I actually move to Orlando from Miami. Just from driving around Orlando I saw different types of people. Hispanics, Blacks, Whites..no Asians (not counting wife) yet. No Native Americans yet. Whites seem to be the majority. A little diversity is good. In Miami you have people that make no effort to learn English and bring habits from where they are from. Nothing wrong with having different cultures, but assimilating is important. This is still North America.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:08 PM

Depends on what area you are in really. I can drive just 6-7 miles and feel like I'm in Miami. Where I live, it feels like Central FL did back in the mid 90s, but its changing.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:15 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
where is that ComSense ? being from Miami would love to locate something similar.. just my kinda of town!

Old 06-29-2014, 08:20 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
dude honestly, I don think anyone even cares.... or would give you two much thought. You'll be fine.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
where is that ComSense ? being from Miami would love to locate something similar.. just my kinda of town!
Oviedo.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:53 AM

7 posts, read 7,682 times
You have ignorant people everywhere but as a black woman, I, too, take that into consideration when I'm moving to certain areas. Everyone wants to live in nice neighborhoods with good schools for our children. I lived in Oviedo, which is near Winter Park. My children attended Evans Elementary, where my daughter was the only black child in her class. We had no problems. Everyone was nice to us. We were comfortable and didn't feel out of place at all. But it's not a place of diversity, at least not where we lived. Orlando is way too diverse for any race to have any problems. That's the one thing I liked about the Orlando area. It's not as nice as Winter Park, though. IMO.....

Old 07-29-2014, 02:31 PM

399 posts, read 719,757 times
I've been here about a month now. I don't get out much except to go to work, otherwise I'm home. So I haven't explored yet. I do want to find some parks to take my children to play and play basketball at. I saw a park named Blue Jacket that looks nice. The area I live in seems mixed. As I drive south toward Orlando I notice that it looks less nice and north toward Cassellberry is better. I do see some questionable folks around, but where I live it's quiet and no one bothers me. I don't miss Miami. But I can't say that I'm really happy here. It's too soon to say. The large influx of immigrants drove a lot of people out of Miami..I wonder if the same is happening here in Central Florida. If it is than that is unfortunate.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:15 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmain View Post
I've been here about a month now. I don't get out much except to go to work, otherwise I'm home. So I haven't explored yet. I do want to find some parks to take my children to play and play basketball at. I saw a park named Blue Jacket that looks nice. The area I live in seems mixed. As I drive south toward Orlando I notice that it looks less nice and north toward Cassellberry is better. I do see some questionable folks around, but where I live it's quiet and no one bothers me. I don't miss Miami. But I can't say that I'm really happy here. It's too soon to say. The large influx of immigrants drove a lot of people out of Miami..I wonder if the same is happening here in Central Florida. If it is than that is unfortunate.

Blue Jacket park is on the former navy recruit training command (boot camp). I lived directly across the street. my back yard faced it. it is a very nice park. well designed and constructed. Lake Eola has a nice little park. k

I dont care what color or nationality you are, Orlando is welcoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando