Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 05:52 AM

26,825 posts, read 43,300,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaMB View Post
Thank you so much for the info, Kyle. Is Debary better as far as overall crime and designated good/bad areas? I was just down there looking at rentals in Deltona, Lake Mary, and Longwood...might make another trip next week to check out Debary and I'd like to have an idea of where to look. Thanks!
Yes it is, look in the area south of Saxon Blvd and west of I-4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 10:42 PM

13 posts, read 20,352 times
Thanks again Kyle. I am back in town for a couple of days and have a couple of appointments to look at properties in Lake Mary (a house in Chase Groves, a condo off of Grassy Point Drive, and the Regal Pointe apartments). I drove around Debary and Orange City this evening and walked around by the Grandeville on Saxon apartments. Seems like a nice, quiet complex. In the event we decide to go with an apartment, Regal Pointe and Grandeville on Saxon seem to be pretty good. I also want to check out Ballantrae. Any others I should check out, or are these some of the best?

Old 06-04-2014, 07:05 AM

26,825 posts, read 43,300,897 times
You seem to have some pretty good options. If Ballantrae is a viable option in terms of budget I would highly recommend it as it's a great location in terms of safety and fairly quiet given how convenient it is. I would also add Colonial Grand Lake Mary as well as Colonial Grand Heathrow which are both on International Drive just south of SR46-A/Thomas Parkway. A nice perk is that both (along with Ballantrae) are a safe/pleasant walk or bike ride to the Colonial Towne Center complex which has Publix, Walgreens (across street), umpteen restaurants/bars/shops and the Amstar12 movie theater (stadium seating).

Old 06-09-2014, 02:07 PM

13 posts, read 20,352 times
Just an update for anyone following this thread. We have found a rental house in Lake Mary, in the Chase Groves area. We will be moving in a couple of weeks! Thanks for all the great advice! My parents want to move to FL as well, so now we will be able to tell them where the good areas are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando