Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 07:22 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

The last few weeks I have sen countless drivers just pulled over and sit on a side of the road, as to do what? Today I saw 6 from airport to Clermont- why? Cars have to go around you, there is a gas station up the road? or some shopping centers parking lot? I don't get and it is SOOO dangerous! These do NOT look like broken downs cars, more like checking maps, phones, and whatever, people inside- some one explain? I can't wait until I moves closer to work... I think orl moves pretty good, but the perched drivers??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 08:43 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
I would put my money on tourists, particularly foreign tourists. In many places this may be considered acceptable, even considerate so as not to keep going, get more lost and cause more inconvenience. However, this is not wherever that is acceptable so I feel your frustration.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:26 PM

147 posts, read 211,744 times
In the road? or on the side of the road? Not sure why there's an issue with you going around them if they are off the road unless you are talking I-4? I'm guessing they are trying to be safe and pulling over to navigate, use cell phones, etc. I've seen more of that lately too but would much rather see that than them texting their hearts out driving down the road.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:33 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSellingFLHomes View Post
In the road? or on the side of the road? Not sure why there's an issue with you going around them if they are off the road unless you are talking I-4? I'm guessing they are trying to be safe and pulling over to navigate, use cell phones, etc. I've seen more of that lately too but would much rather see that than them texting their hearts out driving down the road.
Exactly. I'd rather have someone pull over to look at a map or answer an important call than try to do it while driving.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:31 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
They are stationed on regular streets like Central Fl Parkway -not I-4 --one in the corner Westwood right before the overpass to I-4- another in a turning lane, regular turning lane. Another on some dirt patch on a 2 laner, as in west of Orange and Taft Vineland. No- in harms way.- not OFF the side, they are infringing on the right of way. I simply have to wait the LONG traffic lines so all can get around them and 1/2 a block up is a parking area of some type. I have only ever seen police do this, and thought blocking in any right of way be illegal. I will agree, maybe Europeans visitors?? Maybe they will just pull over and let cars go around them, like a country road or sheep or cows- I can see that. what I do not ever want to see is a bad accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando