Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 12:32 PM

4 posts, read 8,195 times

Advertisements

Hi, I will be moving to Orlando and living in Baldwin Park very soon. I like the look of the neighborhood a lot, with the village center and the parks and lakes. However, I have been reading about crime in the area (mostly theft and break ins) but I have already signed the lease for my rental so it's too late to back out of moving there.

Is there truly a safety concern living in Baldwin park? How is the traffic around Baldwin? I will be commuting towards the airport (lee vista BLVD) for work. Do you think traffic will be really bad during peak hours? Any suggestions as far as shortcuts for the commute?

And if anyone lives in Baldwin, I'd love to hear about your experience there (pros and cons). Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 03:39 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times
It is a great location with little crime. There was a mugger down by the lake six months ago but nothing since then. I heard of lawn mowers being stolen last summer but that's about it. Colonial can be a bear for traffic but there is a lot of redevelopment going on there and a new housing project being built next to BP on Old Cheney Road. 200's range. The new apartment complex is almost done and there is another one down by the lake that was finished last year. 3 pools, 1 heated, Publix, five guys. I think the rents are too high for the "downtown" shops so many are vacant. Traffic is not difficult except during the school year but the police do a fair share of speed traps.

It's a good, safe place to live and you will like it.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:46 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Hint: Stay off Colonial and use Robinson Street for those "in town" trips

Old 07-08-2014, 09:45 AM

27,164 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless BiLLioNaire View Post
www.augustogabe.com (me)

Pros
Amazing pizza place
Amazing Sushi place
Steak house
chineese food
Publix
Most people who live here are friendly (some aren't)

Cons
Streets are Narrow
Rarely any crime
Not really meant for single people
Expensive for most people

My dad's car got broken into once and we have cops that ride bikes at 2am sometimes and they caught the 2 black people guy and girl. They even brought a helicopter and summoned dogs to f**k these ass****s up! I was so happy they got caught oh f**k I want to talk s**t in court lol. My dad left his door unlocked so I think they wouldn't have tried to break in so it is his fault but still.

We got security system and carry guns and we know how to use them, so we are very careful. Just the other night recently some black guy got out of his car and was looking around my neighbor's house and it was like 10pm at night and it was obvious he doesn't know them I know them and it is an old white couple. It looked like these black people were looking to break into a house that isn't occupied, I wish they would try to break in so I could shoot them in the face in self defense, that would feel great. I am not racist lol I love hip hop Drake Lil Wayne, all that. But s**t it isn't my fault that all the criminals I have encountered have been black so far.

Chris Rock says it the best their is black people and n****s. "Bring the Pain"

It is a good place to live I give it 80% out of 100% but that is me, you might love it more.
What a terrific endorsement for Baldwin Park!

Old 07-10-2014, 06:02 PM

7 posts, read 12,635 times
Yes Kyle I agree lol. haha

Not sure why my comment was removed people are offended way to easy it is very pathetic, this is the real world not church.

Lmao reading back at my comment I couldn't stop laughing. I really made everyone just want to avoid Baldwin Park. My family and I are moving next year our new house is being constructed near Carrot Top's mansion. So that is something to look forward to, I really hate Baldwin Park.

But yes if you do move to Baldwin Park keep your eye out for black people LOL not trying to be racist here just saying in my experience all criminals were black. Like Chris Rock said difference between black people and (Do I really need to say it?)

Last edited by Heartless BiLLioNaire; 07-10-2014 at 06:11 PM..

Old 07-16-2014, 10:54 AM

15 posts, read 31,721 times
Balwin park, not very nice, we check there, they ask for too much. Avalon park is nicer and has more for affordable rent. I also check in hunters creek which is very nice also.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:10 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyoricanpapi View Post
Balwin park, not very nice, we check there, they ask for too much. Avalon park is nicer and has more for affordable rent. I also check in hunters creek which is very nice also.
IMO Baldwin Park is very nice...nicer than both Avalon and Hunters Creek. Baldwin Park is populated by almost 100% young professionals and is very well kept. The downtown center is finally starting to turn around as well. I would live there in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Pete C; 07-16-2014 at 12:46 PM..

Old 07-16-2014, 06:35 PM

148 posts, read 339,336 times
I have never lived in BP, but have spent a lot of time there and have numerous friends that have lived there for years. Their biggest complaint was the occasional property crime that would occur and then there were a couple of unusual incidents that made the news as well. Overall, I believe the neighborhood is quite safe. Another criticism I hear is BP's proximity to less than desirable neighborhoods ( toward Colonial/436). Personally, I think that they did a good job with their attempted integration with WP on the other side of the neighborhood. BP critics also point to the number of rental properties/apartments that are present and continue to be built. Although I do agree to some extent that the upscale apartments fit into BP's overall urban design and do not necessarily affect its cache'. BP is a good place to live, all you have to look at is the going price per square foot. Price is always a good objective measure for desirability.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:15 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless BiLLioNaire View Post
Yes Kyle I agree lol. haha

Not sure why my comment was removed people are offended way to easy it is very pathetic, this is the real world not church.

Lmao reading back at my comment I couldn't stop laughing. I really made everyone just want to avoid Baldwin Park. My family and I are moving next year our new house is being constructed near Carrot Top's mansion. So that is something to look forward to, I really hate Baldwin Park.

But yes if you do move to Baldwin Park keep your eye out for black people LOL not trying to be racist here just saying in my experience all criminals were black. Like Chris Rock said difference between black people and (Do I really need to say it?)

Carrot Top moved away from here a while ago.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:44 PM

428 posts, read 1,082,429 times
We owned a home across from Enders Park from 2004 to 2012 when we decided to move to The Villages a 55+ community.
We loved BP!
We also like Celebration but preferred the BP location and closeness to everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando