Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2007, 09:31 PM

3 posts, read 4,569 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything about the Sky Lake area? I an looking to find an apartment near disney but want to be close to some form of mas-transit. Im looking to spend around $600 - $800 a month in rent for a studio or 1 bedroom apt. I am looking into a complex called Millenia West on Fitness Circle. Is it at all possible to commute easily to shopping areas and Disney World and is this a good area to live. Any thoughts and advice would help greatly. BTW i should probably mention that I am trying to Live here without owning a car for the time being if at all possible.

Eric

Last edited by MacProAddict; 12-18-2007 at 10:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 01:17 PM

36 posts, read 218,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacProAddict View Post
Can anyone tell me anything about the Sky Lake area? I an looking to find an apartment near disney but want to be close to some form of mas-transit. Im looking to spend around $600 - $800 a month in rent for a studio or 1 bedroom apt. I am looking into a complex called Millenia West on Fitness Circle. Is it at all possible to commute easily to shopping areas and Disney World and is this a good area to live. Any thoughts and advice would help greatly. BTW i should probably mention that I am trying to Live here without owning a car for the time being if at all possible.

Eric
Eric - unless you are a single guy with NO children, don't do it. The OBT (Orange Blossom Trail) and Americana Blvd area is one of the oldest areas in South Orlando where you will find all the Strip Bars, etc. (get the picture?)- that is why one of the cheapest. Unfortunately, public transportation overall is not something you can depend on here in Florida. Many Employers will NOT give you a job if you don't have a car and back in the days Disney wouln't either. Check out the apartment reviews available on the net and read what others have to say about that complex. I suggest you look into Lake Buena Vista and Kissimmee instead.

Good luck with your search.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:45 PM

555 posts, read 2,211,433 times
It would be hard to live in Orlando without a car. Orlando is sprawled out and there is only Lynx to get around other than taxis.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:27 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,391 times
There is no mass transit here and that area is high crime and busy as heck.

We have big city problems with out the amenities.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:04 PM

6 posts, read 31,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
There is no mass transit here and that area is high crime and busy as heck.

We have big city problems with out the amenities.
Sky Lake is not a high crime area or strip joint area...you might have 2 or 3 strip joints at most left in the area...only draw back to the Lynx is you might have to reconnect from one bus to another...

Old 12-21-2007, 06:13 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc2 View Post
Sky Lake is not a high crime area or strip joint area...you might have 2 or 3 strip joints at most left in the area...only draw back to the Lynx is you might have to reconnect from one bus to another...

Where the OP is talking about is around the corner from Texas Ave and that is a high crime area........Crime spills over into the nice looking areas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: