Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 11:18 AM

6 posts, read 18,996 times

Advertisements

Hey Sun&Sea.
To your questions. I agree. Rent a place before you you buy. It will give you time to choose between new constrution or resale. Min rentals here are 3 months. As a renter, you will still get access to all the goodies. Enjoy. Contact a Florida Agent like myself to access the MLS and seach for rentals. Hope to see you soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 11:25 AM

6 posts, read 18,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun&Sea4me View Post
Hello Solivita residents,,,,
Im 55yrs young, and live in Maryland currently in a large community called Ocean Pines ( not far from the popular beach Ocean City). I have my house on the market for sale this spring/summer and plan to move to sunny Florida once its sold (Solivita I'm pretty sure after comparing the other 55+ communities , it seems perfect for me).
I've also got a few questions I'm hoping someone local there can help me with.
1. I would like to come down & first rent a room in the community, month to month , so I'm right there to view houses on the market, without having to stay in a hotel daily.
2. I tried to access the HOA newsletter, that has "Houses with Room Rentals" but you cant log in unless you live there, kind of a catch 22 , so how do I view homeowners, who are renting out rooms to rent ( sort of like Golden Girls lol)???
3. When I travel back to see family in Maryland and Va. how far is the Orlando airport in a car ride??
Im looking forward to getting settled in to my new Florida residence & leaving the hectic rat race of the North behind & oh ,, the cold winters too!!…..b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanlinbar View Post
This is Settled!The developer has convinced the CDD boards to pay $73.3 million for amenities that are appraised for $19.25 million,” Andersen said. “That creates an excess profit to the developer of $54 million.”

Solivita residents sue developer AV Homes - Orlando Sentinel
This has been settled for now. Taylor Morrison bought AV Homes and has stop all sales of aminities.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Lifestyle View Post
It is a monthly fee (CDD) and it is added to your tax bill. It is a monthy bill as long as you live in the home. Ours comes to about $60 a month. All homes in Solivita have this fee. Older homes have a slightly lower amount. Your Realtor (which I am) or the sales agent must disclose this to you.
Thanks for clarifying the CDD that we've heard about with Solivita. In our state we pay taxes semiannually. But in Florida you pay taxes on a monthly basis???

Old 04-26-2019, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,481 times
Is there public transportation nearby to get to Disney or Universal if we chose not to drive?

Old 05-18-2019, 06:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,381 times
So the way I understand this is the CDD is on top of what you pay in HOA fees correct? Are the basic 3 filers of the suit against AV Homes still living in the park? Live in the FRIGID state of 10,000 lakes looking to get out of here in a year or two.Have about 17 places I want to check out up and down US 27 has we know that area well.If anyone from Soilivita could drop a line greatly appreciated.

Old 06-14-2019, 04:45 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmike View Post
So the way I understand this is the CDD is on top of what you pay in HOA fees correct? Are the basic 3 filers of the suit against AV Homes still living in the park? Live in the FRIGID state of 10,000 lakes looking to get out of here in a year or two.Have about 17 places I want to check out up and down US 27 has we know that area well.If anyone from Soilivita could drop a line greatly appreciated.
I believe they have a
CDD fee
HOA around 180
Club Fee around 200

Hope this helps

https://nebula.wsimg.com/fc257f00c35...&alloworigin=1

https://nebula.wsimg.com/e69f69e2a24...&alloworigin=1

https://nebula.wsimg.com/91d137b123e...&alloworigin=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando