Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 05:46 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times

Advertisements

Rem we still are the capital of tourism, whether it is from the states or not, many of the tourist are from overseas. They drive like the are on a mountain some where not a city. I see them as I work near the airport and I catch 'em coming out of the car rental places etc. etc. eeechh..
As for the SUN- and melanoma you can't be out there all the time and I think some folks just prone to that sort of thing, but I hope you get it all- and none ever come back!

Old 08-14-2014, 05:36 AM

17,172 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Was in Charlotte last wk and much more pleasant than even smaller areas in FL. Different ppl, different mannerisms and attitudes I suppose.
I went to Blairsville GA recently. Although the county is considered a "Whitopia" (and I'm not white, FYI) and I was a little wary initially, I experienced warmth and a welcoming environment I hadn't seen in ages.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:53 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Oh. OK. Based on your location you are going to see more of the natural wild life.

The only place Ive seen gators was on the Weeki Wachee River. We have a lake nearby here that is notorious for gators.

Yes, coming from a more urban city the bus line would leave a lot to be desired. However, its better than it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I'm pretty sure anyone coming from a more urban city, such as myself, will find the bus system to be a joke.

I live between Lake Dora and the Wekiva basin. Gators everywhere. I'm surprised you don't see them near Spring Hill. I have a few friends there, and one in particular loves gators and is constantly showing me new pictures of some he's encountered.

I have lots of snakes behind my backyard. Neglect the yard for a week, and I'm sure to see at least one scurrying around by the time I venture out there.

Our lakes are filled with water mocassins. I've seen quite a few of those.

Anyway, there are negatives everywhere. One just has to pick and chose which ones they can and will live with.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Explain rudeness? Why would I need to explain that?

And yes, I believe certain ppl are drawn to certain areas. Fine, you want me to put it out there, I'll do it. Someone like me, white, early 30's, American, Florida born, likes trucks, 4 wheelers, the beach, sports, and wants to be around like-minded people w/ similar interests, I'm not going to move Miami. Central FL is right behind South FL. If someone from Haiti moved to the US for whatever reason, my bet is that they'll choose a place like Orlando or South FL where there are already a large number of them. Get my drift?
Yes. How are they rude? Do that not hold a door for you going into a store, do they glare at you when you reach for the same shopping cart? Do they way mean things to you? Yes, people tend to gravitate to areas where their nationalities are more common. Makes sense. Thats how it worked in the late 1800s-early 1900s. Everybody coming over sought out their own kind. \

Old 08-14-2014, 04:28 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I went to Blairsville GA recently. Although the county is considered a "Whitopia" (and I'm not white, FYI) and I was a little wary initially, I experienced warmth and a welcoming environment I hadn't seen in ages.

Booyah! the South is awesome!

Old 08-14-2014, 04:32 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Yes. How are they rude? Do that not hold a door for you going into a store, do they glare at you when you reach for the same shopping cart? Do they way mean things to you? Yes, people tend to gravitate to areas where their nationalities are more common. Makes sense. Thats how it worked in the late 1800s-early 1900s. Everybody coming over sought out their own kind. \
I just find that other folks can be very loud, obnoxious, all about themselves... dont do the little things that are nice (open doors for ppl, say please and thank you, etc...), drive aggressively, may say things that are very rude and inconsiderate, etc. I dont see that nearly as much in NC as I do here in FL. And Ithink a large part of that is WHO lives in NC and WHO lives in FL, and what areas attract certain groups of folks.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:34 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,946,544 times
Quote:
Booyah! the South is awesome!
Not really bro, try living in the Carolinas. All the vanilla gets really old quick.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
I just find that other folks can be very loud, obnoxious, all about themselves... dont do the little things that are nice (open doors for ppl, say please and thank you, etc...), drive aggressively, may say things that are very rude and inconsiderate, etc. I dont see that nearly as much in NC as I do here in FL. And Ithink a large part of that is WHO lives in NC and WHO lives in FL, and what areas attract certain groups of folks.
Yes, unfortunately, we do have people like that in our world. Live and let live. I would guess that since the population of NC is 1/2 of FL, there is less chance to run into them.

Lets say I was a loud, obnoxious, all about my self individual and I decide to relocate to either FL or NC.
You are saying that I would make a conscious decision on which state to choose due to my personality.
OK, sure.

I dont see how you could judge so much about a person by a chance meeting at a doorway, parking lot, inside a store or anywhere else for that matter. You have taken various human traits and lumped them all together in this category you created.

How do you feel about Rodney Dangerfield, Jackie Gleason, Charles Bronson?

Old 08-15-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Not really bro, try living in the Carolinas. All the vanilla gets really old quick.
Its all good. Some people like one bland flavor so it is easier to fit in and avoid social interaction with others who are not one bland flavor.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:09 AM

17,172 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Its all good. Some people like one bland flavor so it is easier to fit in and avoid social interaction with others who are not one bland flavor.

Exactly... When I visited the so-called "Whitopia," I expected blatant, open racism. Instead, the people appreciated the fact that I visited, despite being different, and would even be thrilled to learn about my background.
It's more along the lines of wanting to be surrounded by people of similar cultures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando