Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 09:09 AM

37 posts, read 57,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtribe View Post
You can search Acts29 as well
Acts 29 Network > Find Churches
Thankyou sooooo much! I sure will!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 09:24 AM

Default Im open...

I am indeed open to visiting churches where the makeup is different from what im used to BUT the atmosphere and the word has to be the same: THE TRUTH! Im a PK so Ive been in church ALL of my life. There is one thing tinytrump said that I must agree with "it is important to be fed at the level of relationship you are in." I dont know everything, im not moved by loud screaming and hopping around the pulpit. I dont wanna hear about how the way i dress or cut my hair will caused me to be stoned, i dnt need someone preaching hell, fire, and brimstones every Sunday(althogh hell is very real ppl), i dont want someone telling me to quote a few lines and im saved, tell me how I stay saved, how do I get through the rough times of life when one wants to just give up. I dont want the pretty, waterdowned gospel. I want to connect with likeminded believers, i want a church that is real!

Old 08-19-2014, 10:30 AM

27,197 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricon7 View Post
The chronological logical fallacy - because something is old, it can't be true. "Modern/real world" doesn't necessarily equal truth. I'm not sure how you came up with that.

The NT books were written around 2,000 years ago, so you're only a thousand years off. Archaeology, history, prophecy, manuscript evidence, and the science of statistical probability show the reliability of the Bible and Bible-believing churches.

To the OP, check out Lifepoint Christian Church in Lake Mary. It's smaller, but it has a great paster in Phil Ayers, and dynamic worship.
Not surprisingly your spouting illogical New Testament church rhetoric. Whatever works for you...

By the way, the original Christian denominations (those that didn't evolve to suit ulterior motives) tend to utilize the older Testaments which in fact are closer to 3000 years old.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:45 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursefuture View Post
Oh wow. See Im familiar with pastor McLaughlin as Im from Jax too. He is the pastor of one of the biggest churches here now called The Potter's House. Aside from the school, the restaurant, bowling alley, etc. He is a man that preaches the Gospel i listen to him on the radio daily but somehow hvnt hotten around to actually visiting his church. I was still googling churches and came across a church called The Kingdom Church maybe that would be more of a better fit for you I plan to visit there also.
Alright! I was around when it was an itsy bitsy 20 people meeting in a home and turned into 500 with-in weeks, then he went on -but we can talk about that in a direct message. People have different views of church, I personally like ones that change my views of life every once in a while- and understands true worship and reverence. I'm looking to move closer to town in the spring, and picking the area what is important to me is the distance to work, church and real life. Good luck with your search, let me know how it goes.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:55 PM

565 posts, read 1,253,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Not surprisingly your spouting illogical New Testament church rhetoric. Whatever works for you...

By the way, the original Christian denominations (those that didn't evolve to suit ulterior motives) tend to utilize the older Testaments which in fact are closer to 3000 years old.
Illogical? Not exactly a rebuttal.

Christian denominations use both the OT and NT books. They're called the Bible, and my church teaches from both all the time, just as all the other churches I've attended have.

Not to get sidetracked on this thread, but you did thrown down the gauntlet with your disparaging comment about Christian churches. Hence my responses.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:55 PM

TRY: Church in the Son
/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcjfcDGa2dM

.. up by Rt#50

Old 08-19-2014, 07:38 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
TRY: Church in the Son
/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcjfcDGa2dM

.. up by Rt#50
More megachurch fundamentalism there, where helping people "get saved" is the name of the game. If that's what the OP wants then CITS is perfect.

However like Joel Hunter of Northland, Pastor Alex is a nice and sincere guy.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:51 PM

Not really into megachurches they seem so impersonal and corporate to me. Idk this may be a little harder than i anticipated!

Old 08-20-2014, 04:52 AM

what I have found is the smaller churches have little in the way of marketing their location etc. IF you live close by, you can see it and go visit, but many do not even have a web page. I visited over 15 churches in clearwater before found the one that was for me and then moved to Tampa. IT was a great, but great decision to do that. Now that I want to buy, trying to find the right now, is harder as it is even a bigger city and I'm am too new to know. Parishioners for some reason . they seldom share???

Old 08-20-2014, 06:22 AM

399 posts, read 719,647 times
Too Bible based..that's funny. Don't go to church than. The Bible is the instruction book of Christianity. I guess people window shop churches now..pick and choose a church that will fit to your lifestyle. You can't have a church that will tell you not to sin (or abstain from vices)..that would be too much of a bother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando