Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:32 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Developer View Post
Address??? Why not provide a link to the news article covering this event? And honestly, why do you constantly compare Orlando with Asheville? That's like comparing an elephant with a bird!

I never brought up Asheville, someone else did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
what sub division do you live in off Avalon park blvd? Because I know a lot of people who live off APB and I never hear the the type of complaints that I hear from you so often. I'm curious to know why this is.. Most people I know there like it. And I live in the same general area as Avalon and I never really have the probelms you complain about

Also east orange county does have a decent sized native southern population. This area is probably one of the most equally diversed parts of metro Orlando. Mostly white with a large Latin population. then there's a decent sized population of pretty much every other ethnicity.

Again, as I've stated many times, I dont care what the people look like, I just want to be around people that are normal, and dont do the things that we have seen people doing around here. That's all. I dont care, if everyone is friendly and normal, I'd have nothing to complain about. But seeing helicopters and cops in our neighborhood as often as we do while paying a $2000/mo mortgage is unsettling.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:52 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Did you skip over what I said about the cops in our subdivision lastnight on purpose? 5 cops cars on the ground and a chopper in the air.

And guess what Compelled, 2 guys were arrested after the break-ins. My neighbor had to pick them out with the police. And by the way, the folks that you mentioned above ("Ny'ers, Miami sux, PR's", etc...), were exactly who was caught too. If you dont believe me, or think I'm making it up, I'd be glad to send you a DM with the address of my neighbor of where the crime occured, and you can call the Orange Co Sherrif's office and check if you'd like.
no i didnt skip over it on purpose i apologize

focused on too many things right now

Old 01-27-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
no i didnt skip over it on purpose i apologize

focused on too many things right now

No problem man. I just noticed that people skipped right over the part about the cops in our subdivision lastnight. Some folks on here tend to ignore the facts or my expereinces, and downplay those while picking apart something else I said, as a way to divert attention from the problem.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:36 AM

429 posts, read 1,104,668 times
Quote:
No, it's not. In our neighborhood, it's the....... how do I say it without sounding racist and getting this flagged........ it's mostly the hispanics, that have caused the problems in our entire area - not just our subdivision. A few shootings (2 of those were actual murders), the property crime, etc... yup. Not exactly the folks who look like me doing it. Many of those folks are from NY. There is a VERY large presence of Puerto Ricans from NY in Orlando. And I do mean VERY large.
I'm pretty much ready to give up showing you whats wrong with this, and not in a politically incorrect way, its just an incorrect way.
Obviously there are racist people who feel puerto ricans or any other ethnic groups are bad, and unfortunately that is because there are a number of people who give them that bad name, or just racists. I don't think you are a racist.

The fact that you somehow think that a Puerto Rican FROM NY is the bad part though, is really funny. Have you ever visited New York? The crime there isn't because someone is from NY, and it isn't just a person moves from New York, Puerto Rican or not and just infests a neighborhood here with crime and what not. The crime there has MANY reasons, but it isn't just Puerto Ricans, or people who were raised there or anything of that nature. The driving there, yea you have your bad drivers, you have many good drivers, and many in between, just like anywhere. Go live there a few years and you will be complaining about the driving on one road or another.

Typically the people that do move, likely have the ability to move, and want to get away from the crime, the over crowding and the different way of life, its not like they want to spread the "crime" or "bad driving" or even "rudeness" as you keep saying.
So basically, the only thing I think we can agree with you on, is obviously you got into a bad situation in your neighborhood. That is the bottom line, it has nothing to do with if the person is from New York or anywhere, stop trying to equate every crime or bad driver to a race or geographical background.. its just that you are in a BAD neighborhood.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrFlaBound View Post
I'm pretty much ready to give up showing you whats wrong with this, and not in a politically incorrect way, its just an incorrect way.
Obviously there are racist people who feel puerto ricans or any other ethnic groups are bad, and unfortunately that is because there are a number of people who give them that bad name, or just racists. I don't think you are a racist.

The fact that you somehow think that a Puerto Rican FROM NY is the bad part though, is really funny. Have you ever visited New York? The crime there isn't because someone is from NY, and it isn't just a person moves from New York, Puerto Rican or not and just infests a neighborhood here with crime and what not. The crime there has MANY reasons, but it isn't just Puerto Ricans, or people who were raised there or anything of that nature. The driving there, yea you have your bad drivers, you have many good drivers, and many in between, just like anywhere. Go live there a few years and you will be complaining about the driving on one road or another.

Typically the people that do move, likely have the ability to move, and want to get away from the crime, the over crowding and the different way of life, its not like they want to spread the "crime" or "bad driving" or even "rudeness" as you keep saying.
So basically, the only thing I think we can agree with you on, is obviously you got into a bad situation in your neighborhood. That is the bottom line, it has nothing to do with if the person is from New York or anywhere, stop trying to equate every crime or bad driver to a race or geographical background.. its just that you are in a BAD neighborhood.
I understand what you're saying and where you're coming from. It doesnt matter where a person is from or what they look like, as I have stated many times. What I said is that the folks who have been in these crimes in my area, violent or property crimes, and the folks that I see doing the most ridiculous things (whether rude and inconsiderate, or unsafe - especially while driving) happen to be one specific group of people. That's MY observation. If I had a problem with hispanics in general, I would have a problem with, say, Mexicans. But I dont. I have always found them to be some of the most hardworking and nicest folks around. I'm white, and I think Mexicans have a better work ethic than white people. I dont think I would admit that if I had something against hispanics in general. I have a problem with folks that committ crimes, drive like idiots, and treat others as if they're the only ones in the world that matters. Where I live, those folks are usually a certain group.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:19 AM

429 posts, read 1,104,668 times
Quote:
I understand what you're saying and where you're coming from. It doesnt matter where a person is from or what they look like, as I have stated many times. What I said is that the folks who have been in these crimes in my area, violent or property crimes, and the folks that I see doing the most ridiculous things (whether rude and inconsiderate, or unsafe - especially while driving) happen to be one specific group of people. That's MY observation. If I had a problem with hispanics in general, I would have a problem with, say, Mexicans. But I dont. I have always found them to be some of the most hardworking and nicest folks around. I'm white, and I think Mexicans have a better work ethic than white people. I dont think I would admit that if I had something against hispanics in general. I have a problem with folks that committ crimes, drive like idiots, and treat others as if they're the only ones in the world that matters. Where I live, those folks are usually a certain group.
Fair enough, what i'm trying to convey is when you come on this board and complain about something and then say "it seems its NY'ers or Puerto Ricans", your argument is diluted in my opinion.

Thats all.. . and also good luck gettin outta there by the way. I may be in the market for a house and loving this market, but I feel bad for people in your situation that seemed to not buy over their heads but are getting screwed by others.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrFlaBound View Post
Fair enough, what i'm trying to convey is when you come on this board and complain about something and then say "it seems its NY'ers or Puerto Ricans", your argument is diluted in my opinion.

Thats all.. . and also good luck gettin outta there by the way. I may be in the market for a house and loving this market, but I feel bad for people in your situation that seemed to not buy over their heads but are getting screwed by others.

Thank you. We're trying to see what we can do about our house situation. Now is a good time to buy, you just have to be careful and buy into a neighborhood that isn't having "problems," which in newer communities, seems hard to do right now.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:44 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Perhaps Com, if you can sell your house. YOu could consider relocating to Hunter's Creek until you can return to Asheville?

Not to say Hunter's Creek is perfect, but based on what you have said, we seem to have a lot less problems as far as crime and traffic are concerned when you compare it to East Orlando in general
Dozens Of Tires Slashed In Neighborhood - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando (http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22347595/detail.html - broken link)

That recently happened in your neck of the woods

Nothing newsworthy hardly ever happens here. Except the time that those thieves tried to drive their car into the Office Depot and stole those laptops

You could be much worse off Com, its not so bad where you are at I promise you. My best friend lives near Curry Ford and Goldenrod and the police helicopter is there almost nightly. Lots of bad people in that neighborhood. I made the mistake of going to a party down the road from my friend's house near Curry Ford and 417 and it ended with two people shooting each other over a girl, and my best friend getting robbed of his wallet

I've walked around his neighborhood even alone, and I've never had a problem personally. But I'm sure something bad has happened at some point, I've been extremely lucky not to be the victim of any crime

If I were to move back to East Orlando, it would be closer to UCF, even in spite of everything you said Com, I'd rather live in Waterford or Avalon, then Rio Pinar/Azalea Park where my friend lives

Old 01-27-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Perhaps Com, if you can sell your house. YOu could consider relocating to Hunter's Creek until you can return to Asheville?

Not to say Hunter's Creek is perfect, but based on what you have said, we seem to have a lot less problems as far as crime and traffic are concerned when you compare it to East Orlando in general
Dozens Of Tires Slashed In Neighborhood - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando (http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22347595/detail.html - broken link)

That recently happened in your neck of the woods

Nothing newsworthy hardly ever happens here. Except the time that those thieves tried to drive their car into the Office Depot and stole those laptops

You could be much worse off Com, its not so bad where you are at I promise you. My best friend lives near Curry Ford and Goldenrod and the police helicopter is there almost nightly. Lots of bad people in that neighborhood. I made the mistake of going to a party down the road from my friend's house near Curry Ford and 417 and it ended with two people shooting each other over a girl, and my best friend getting robbed of his wallet

I've walked around his neighborhood even alone, and I've never had a problem personally. But I'm sure something bad has happened at some point, I've been extremely lucky not to be the victim of any crime

If I were to move back to East Orlando, it would be closer to UCF, even in spite of everything you said Com, I'd rather live in Waterford or Avalon, then Rio Pinar/Azalea Park where my friend lives
Oh dude, absolutely. I would never live in rio Pinar or Azalea Park - never. And you're right, our area could be worse. And dont get me wrong, I dont feel unsafe in our area, but it's not like I'd let my wife walk around here at night though either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando