Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:03 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
But she and her toddler were home! I cant believe it. We're packed in here like sardines (houses on top of one another), and I just cant believe they someone would try to pry the door open with some sort of tool or crowbar. It's very suprising to me. when that didnt work they tried to dismantle the door's hardware in another attempt to get in. Thats very suspicious looking obviously and the woman was home with her toddler so I'm assuming her vehicle was in her driveway! I could see if you lived in a rural / semi-rural place where someone might try to break in in the middle of the day, but not in an area like our's... anyone could have seen this person trying to get in.
Perhaps at you next HOA meeting you could suggest to join the Neighborhood Watch program?

There's a lot of break ins in my area down here in Hunters Creek, but they all happen at night

Like me Com, you live in an upper middle class area and neighborhoods like ours are more prone to break ins regardless of the time of day

Criminals are willing to travel now too. They can afford cars. A lot of criminals caught around where I live, they live in Pine Hills, which is 30 minutes away. They must be pretty desperate if they're willing to drive for a half hour to commit a crime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 09:32 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Perhaps at you next HOA meeting you could suggest to join the Neighborhood Watch program?

There's a lot of break ins in my area down here in Hunters Creek, but they all happen at night

Like me Com, you live in an upper middle class area and neighborhoods like ours are more prone to break ins regardless of the time of day

Criminals are willing to travel now too. They can afford cars. A lot of criminals caught around where I live, they live in Pine Hills, which is 30 minutes away. They must be pretty desperate if they're willing to drive for a half hour to commit a crime
But on average most break ins occur during the day, because thats when homes are the most empty with everyone at work/school. why would robbers try to break in at night when everyone is usually home, I've never heard of a night time break in over here, they are always during the work hours of the day. The robbers probably didn't think anyone was home. The robbers over here are usually young adults/teenagers and they are pu**ys, they won't break in if they see that people are home. I think there has only been one armed break in where the people who broke in knew people were home, and it wasn't random. The victims knew the people who broke in.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:00 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
isn't it true?

You mean a small southern town with only white people .. you don't have to go to NC for that ... look in the Florida panhandle !!

I think Comsense just lives in a crappy area of Orlando ... when I was up there last year with family we saw some lovely areas such as Wyndermere , Lake Mary , Celebration , Winter Park etc ... it is really just a matter of where you chose to live I guess and no I did not see any Puerto Rican flags or hear any Spanish flags in those areas

Old 01-30-2010, 10:03 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
LOL, yes. Not sure how many folks wouldn't want to live in a small southern town with low crime.
I would not ... I have been in too many small southern towns with low crime that are boring as hell and you sit around and watch the grass grow or the cars rust for entertainment .

Old 01-30-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
You mean a small southern town with only white people .. you don't have to go to NC for that ... look in the Florida panhandle !!

I think Comsense just lives in a crappy area of Orlando ... when I was up there last year with family we saw some lovely areas such as Wyndermere , Lake Mary , Celebration , Winter Park etc ... it is really just a matter of where you chose to live I guess and no I did not see any Puerto Rican flags or hear any Spanish flags in those areas
If you want to see those. Go to Azalea Park in East Orlando, South Orlando (Meadow Woods in particular) or anywhere in Kissimmee with the exception of Celebration

Everytime I drive up John Young Parkway near Americana Blvd there's a house on the right side of the road and I always see a Puerto Rican flag flying

None of it really bothers me. Im not racist, I hate everybody equally

Old 01-30-2010, 10:26 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post

No, Asheville is actually pretty diverse. They dont have to be white, just normal and friendly. Small southern towns where all they do is watch the grass grow? I'm not sure what town you're talking about, but is sure aint Asheville, if that's what you were suggesting.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
No, Asheville is actually pretty diverse. They dont have to be white, just normal and friendly. Small southern towns where all they do is watch the grass grow? I'm not sure what town you're talking about, but is sure aint Asheville, if that's what you were suggesting.
They had a big snowstorm the other day didnt they?

You'd rather be in THAT weather?

Old 01-30-2010, 11:41 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
I would hate to live in a small southern town with no crime. Those kind of towns are the definition of BORING. Crime isn't as big of an issue here as you make it out to be.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
I would hate to live in a small southern town with no crime. Those kind of towns are the definition of BORING. Crime isn't as big of an issue here as you make it out to be.

Wow. You must be a kid - dont take that the wrong way - it's just that our priorities aren't on the same level. Not that it matters to me, and not that it may matter to you if the town is in the north or south, but not wanting to live in a city without crime is rather bizarre in my opinion.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:

Again, what town are you referring to? Would I want to live in a small town in the middle of Mississippi, probably not. But would I want to live in a small town like Asheville, or another small town in Western NC? Absolutely. It would all just depend, but I cant see how you could say you'd never want to live in a small town without (gasp) crime. And also, "small" could mean two different things, depending on who you're talking to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando