Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 08:23 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,022,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
But........even though Broadway is there in NY how many New Yorkers actually go to a play....... I assume many many New Yorkers have not even been on the street let alone in a theater just like many Orlando families have never been to a Magic Game or the Disney Parks. I bet if we did a ratio of people who have seen a play on Broadway in NY who live in that city to the population of that city it would be pretty similar to the ratio of people from Orlando who have gone to an off Broadway play in Orlando.
A play? Most New Yorkers have never been to the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 11:29 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,037,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
A play? Most New Yorkers have never been to the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building.
Empire State building is a tourist trap in some regards.
Almost all have been right outside it, tough to not be in that area.

Statue of Liberty (while I still defend is technically in NJ) has been half-assedly closed for almost all the years since 9/11.

I've been to both, as a New Yorker- and at least to 30-40 shows in NYC... but also, all the Orlando parks and whatnot. I think I've just had a good access to whatever the local flavor has to offer during my lifetime.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:30 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,022,438 times
Having access and actually partaking in the event are two different things.
Ive been to places in NYC that not many people know about. Have you been
to the Hall for Fame of Great Americans? How about British Fort #8, NYC Fire
Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace, Alexander Hamilton's tomb, The New York City Fire Museum,
visited the NY Stock Exchange during a trading session, the list goes on.

However, the Statue of Liberty is a great place to visit. Walking up the stairs that get smaller and smaller as you go up to the crown is an experience you're not likely to forget. The views of the Manhattan skyline are the best. The Empire State Building is an interesting place. The history of it. I would hardly call it a tourist trap. Ive eaten at the Rainbow Room, Windows on The World, Top of the Sixes, done the Circle Line numerous times, walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, flew over the Brooklyn Bridge, been under
the Brooklyn Bridge (circle line). Most New Yorker's simply do not visit these venues and many dont know they exist.

I think it is wonderful to access local flavor of everywhere we go also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Empire State building is a tourist trap in some regards.
Almost all have been right outside it, tough to not be in that area.

Statue of Liberty (while I still defend is technically in NJ) has been half-assedly closed for almost all the years since 9/11.

I've been to both, as a New Yorker- and at least to 30-40 shows in NYC... but also, all the Orlando parks and whatnot. I think I've just had a good access to whatever the local flavor has to offer during my lifetime.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:23 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,264,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
So what is considered a competitor site? I post links all the time in other sites directing people here if it helps them find the information.

Didn't these people see Miracle on 34th Street?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: