Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 12:21 PM

98 posts, read 141,782 times

Advertisements

I believe she said she is coming from Puerto Rico. They ARE U.S. citizens!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottinpdx View Post
If you are making less than $600 a month, I am not sure how you can afford to move to the U.S. let alone survive here on that income. Maybe if your kids were able to find jobs to help out. I have no clue on the steps to gain citizenship, but I am sure there are significan cost in that. Best of luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 01:09 PM

35,311 posts, read 20,685,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I haven't seen any rudeness, just statements of the reality of things.
If you can't see the crude answers ---oh boy- -- I do believe in karma-sooner or later- the same plates is passed around

Old 12-30-2014, 02:38 PM

995 posts, read 1,684,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If you can't see the crude answers ---oh boy- -- I do believe in karma-sooner or later- the same plates is passed around
Is this PC enough for you?

"You should definitely come here. Our state government will take great care of you! You will be able to get a three bedroom with a pool with that budget, you will never have to work, and you and your kids can spend all day at Disney! We are giving away food stamps, health insurance and cash at the airport! Things here will be AWESOME for you!!"**

**Disclaimer: None of this is true. Your life here will most likely be miserable.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:37 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,758,516 times
Quote:
I believe in Karma also and telling someone the truth is some great Karma I will take any day. If she was younger and could work hard to improver her life I would say go for it. The problem she is 54 cannot work a physical job has made bad decisions all her life, she will not change (it is to late) she will be a drain on society like she has been her entire life. As for here kids she has caused them to be behind in school because she new better and wanted to home school. She has got knocked up time after time knowing she could not afford the kids. She is a terrible example of what a parent should be and moving to the US is just one more bad idea

Old 12-30-2014, 04:59 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,623,780 times
Food stamps? No job, poor health, 2 kids.....
Not being negative, but girrrl, u need to get yoself together.

How would u even pay for the move from PR to Orlando? Do u have anything saved?

Old 12-30-2014, 05:05 PM

35,311 posts, read 20,685,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
I believe in Karma also and telling someone the truth is some great Karma I will take any day. If she was younger and could work hard to improver her life I would say go for it. The problem she is 54 cannot work a physical job has made bad decisions all her life, she will not change (it is to late) she will be a drain on society like she has been her entire life. As for here kids she has caused them to be behind in school because she new better and wanted to home school. She has got knocked up time after time knowing she could not afford the kids. She is a terrible example of what a parent should be and moving to the US is just one more bad idea
If she was my personal friend I would speak truth n cut no corners...in a forum you will never change people -not one simple word typed on here will change anything--posting information is all people looking for - not your personal opinion of their circumstance-- some might think about what's posted- but telling folks their kids are better off adopted- come on,-what is that? and-54 is NOT old-
95 % people post good knowledgeable info about the area- in other forums opinions are expressed on the subject only- or they boot you out- if they come to your house- then have something to say- Orlando belongs to everybody who just shows up it is NOT a private domain. and I am a native- so don't send me anywhere

Old 12-30-2014, 05:10 PM

687 posts, read 909,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
With your income and situation Orlando is probably not the best place for you.
Agreed, but tell me again why taxpayers are picking up the tab for someone with "depression" at all?

Why?
Why?

Old 12-30-2014, 05:12 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,163,180 times
Quote:
If she was my personal friend I would speak truth n cut no corners...in a forum you will never change people -not one simple word typed on here will change anything--posting information is all people looking for - not your personal opinion of their circumstance-- some might think about what's posted- but telling folks their kids are better off adopted- come on,-what is that? and-54 is NOT old-
95 % people post good knowledgeable info about the area- in other forums opinions are expressed on the subject only- or they boot you out- if they come to your house- then have something to say- Orlando belongs to everybody who just shows up it is NOT a private domain. and I am a native- so don't send me anywhere
Why don't you take her in ? 54-years-old can feel like a hundred if you have the physical and mental issues claimed by this poster. She is welcome in the U.S. without empty pockets and looking for a handout. We don't need any more freeloaders in this country. The government is NOT responsible for paying for someone's bad life choices.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:13 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,623,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottinpdx View Post
...well excuse me for not knowing that!!!!
You should kind of be embarrassed. Not playing up your own ignornace. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:38 PM

450 posts, read 504,154 times
Wow! Now I remember why I left Florida...

To all of you who had negative things to say (and no advise worth 2 cents) to give to the OP, please go back and double-check your spelling and gramatical errors in your ignorant, rude and unhelpful posts. To suggest she gives up her children??? Are you insane??? You need more help than the OP.

To those of you who gave positive and thoughtful feedback to the woman, thank you! That is the spirit of America that I like to see.

To the OP: Sorry for your troubles and hardships. I know it will be hard, but you can make things work for you and your kids. Don't give up. You have to stand up and make it happen. Your kids are old enough now that you don't need to be there when they get home from school. They can make their own snacks and even have dinner on the table for you when you get home from work! Remember to lay down the law regarding homework assignments and be sure to check it yourself to make sure it was done properly. They need to work hard as well if they want to succeed.

Yes! You can get a job. You obviously have a computer (or at least access to one) and you have some typing skills to start with. There are many temp agencies that could help you to find a job even if it is just something as simple as data-entry. But you need to make it happen. And you will feel great about yourself when you DO make it happen!

Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando