Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 08:59 AM

450 posts, read 507,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
1 yes you are looking for a hand out I receive SS for disability, I have a fixed income of 586/month and ready to start looking for housing and food stamps etc. thats a hand out unless you have a plan and you never had a good plan your entire life so far.

2 Still tried to have more kids then you could afford not responsible

3 you came here with the sob story do not cry when people tell you the truth

The people that told you that this is a bad idea are the ones that are helping you but you do not see that. The people that you say were kind are not helping you at all by not telling you the truth.
tworent - you sound like a bitter person. I fail to see how beating a person down will be helpful to them. Her follow-up posts suggest that she and her kids have every intention of improving their quality of life. Who are you to judge? What I read from your not-so helpful posts was rudeness and fear (for yourself and your own pocketbook).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 09:54 AM

148 posts, read 182,981 times
You can tell the "truth" in a mean, aggressive and hateful way or you can tell it in a civilized and human way. You chose the former and is why people are getting upset with you.

Like you I don't agree with what she is doing but then I don't agree with how you are responding either.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:29 AM

110 posts, read 141,026 times
Folks, the OP is exactly the type of person who is moving to Orlando. It's not the educated class who have professional white collar careers and work to improve the community, schools and neighborhoods. By and large, the people who move to Central Florida are those who have every intention of sucking the government well dry.

I fear Central Florida will be a welfare disaster of epic proportions in twenty years.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:38 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingatall View Post
Folks, the OP is exactly the type of person who is moving to Orlando. It's not the educated class who have professional white collar careers and work to improve the community, schools and neighborhoods. By and large, the people who move to Central Florida are those who have every intention of sucking the government well dry.

I fear Central Florida will be a welfare disaster of epic proportions in twenty years.
Osceola County already is.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:43 AM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Pray tell -- besides your personal back yards-- where - what city- what state do people not need help? what fantasy world do you all live in?

Old 01-01-2015, 10:50 AM

Alaska has highest rate of welfare recipients in the U.S., Census says

Kyle HopkinsSeptember 3, 2014
PUBLIC ASSISTANCE RECEIPT 2011 TO 2012Table 1 shows that there was no significant increase
in 2012 in the number or percentage of American
households receiving public assistance benefits from
the previous year. In both the 2011 ACS and the 2012
ACS, 3.3 million households, or 2.9 percent of all
households, received public assistance at some point
in the previous 12 months. In 2012, Alaska, California,
Maine, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington were among
the states with the highest rates of public assistance
participation. Georgia, Louisiana, North Dakota, South
Carolina, Texas, and Wyoming were among the states
with the lowest public assistance participation rates.
Eighteen states and the District of Columbia had higher
public assistance participation rates than the national
average of 2.9 percent in the 2012 ACS. These states
were concentrated in the West (Alaska, California,
Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington) and the
Northeast (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New
York, Pennsylvania, and Vermont). The remaining
states were Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Ohio,
Oklahoma, and Tennessee
http://www.census.gov/content/dam/Ce...ce=govdelivery

Old 01-01-2015, 02:10 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,778,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWEvergreen View Post
tworent - you sound like a bitter person. I fail to see how beating a person down will be helpful to them. Her follow-up posts suggest that she and her kids have every intention of improving their quality of life. Who are you to judge? What I read from your not-so helpful posts was rudeness and fear (for yourself and your own pocketbook).
Not bitter at all but Being a full time landlord I have found that saying it straight is the way to go. I am not the one that came on here with a sob story and a fantasy then said, by the way I want to move 3000 miles away with no money, bad health and not wanting a hand out.

She has not made smart decisions in her life I am sure a lot of people have told her nicely. She has every intention of improving their quality of life I will bet she has been saying this for 30 years.

Old 01-02-2015, 11:06 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Alaska has highest rate of welfare recipients in the U.S., Census says

Kyle HopkinsSeptember 3, 2014
PUBLIC ASSISTANCE RECEIPT 2011 TO 2012Table 1 shows that there was no significant increase
in 2012 in the number or percentage of American
households receiving public assistance benefits from
the previous year. In both the 2011 ACS and the 2012
ACS, 3.3 million households, or 2.9 percent of all
households, received public assistance at some point
in the previous 12 months. In 2012, Alaska, California,
Maine, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington were among
the states with the highest rates of public assistance
participation. Georgia, Louisiana, North Dakota, South
Carolina, Texas, and Wyoming were among the states
with the lowest public assistance participation rates.
Eighteen states and the District of Columbia had higher
public assistance participation rates than the national
average of 2.9 percent in the 2012 ACS. These states
were concentrated in the West (Alaska, California,
Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington) and the
Northeast (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New
York, Pennsylvania, and Vermont). The remaining
states were Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Ohio,
Oklahoma, and Tennessee
http://www.census.gov/content/dam/Ce...ce=govdelivery
Other than Alaska, Puerto Rico is number 2. If they were entitled to all of the same benefits Alaskans are, they would be #1 by several points.

Last edited by annerk; 01-02-2015 at 11:14 AM..

Old 01-02-2015, 02:38 PM

10 posts, read 12,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWEvergreen View Post
Thank you and God bless.

Old 01-02-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Other than Alaska, Puerto Rico is number 2. If they were entitled to all of the same benefits Alaskans are, they would be #1 by several points.
Thirty-five percent of the population in Puerto Rico receives food stamps, an abnormally large proportion due in part to a 31 percent increase in the number of Puerto Ricans over 60 who qualify for benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando