Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 07:12 AM

8 posts, read 24,967 times

Advertisements

I have a couple of question regarding travelling in Florida...

What is the best way to travel from Orlando International Airport to International Drive

From International Drive to Miami South Beach

From South Beach Miami to Miami International Airport

Please dont respond with car as we wont be driving. this is over the space of 2 weeks....

Many Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 07:21 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,424,534 times
I would see if the hotel you are staying at International drive has a shuttle to pick you up from the airport.

If not then you will probably need to get a taxi. You might ask the hotel if there are shuttles that go to the general area, if there are, I am not aware of them. I know there are shuttles that come all the way up to where I live so anything is posible.

As far as getting all the way down to Miami Beach, you will probably be better of renting a car and driving down to Miami Beach and then once you are there turning the car in if you don't want to keep it that long.

It sort of depends on what you are going to do while you are here. If you can afford to rent a car for the whole time that would be best of course.

While you are on International drive, if your going to want to go to Disney or Universal, it certainly would be easier with a rental car. Again, there might also be a shuttle you can take but I am not aware of that, your hotel should though.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:25 AM

8 posts, read 24,967 times
Thanks for your help.....I cant drive and my girlfriend wont drive over there...

How much would a taxi be from the airport to international drive its about 14miles (20 Mins)

I have found a plane ticket for about $99 from orlando to miami....what about trains?

Old 01-06-2008, 07:28 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon83 View Post
Thanks for your help.....I cant drive and my girlfriend wont drive over there...

How much would a taxi be from the airport to international drive its about 14miles (20 Mins)

I have found a plane ticket for about $99 from orlando to miami....what about trains?
Well I can't quote you on taxi but Fla does not have any train service, I think in miami they have like metro rails but nothing that you would think of comparable to say a subway service. Buses/trolleys seem to be more popular.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:32 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,424,534 times
Quote:

You might check the internet for the names of the taxi services in the area and check with them. AND it sounds like you will need to fly down to Miami. You also really need to ask your hotel if they offer shuttle service, both here in the Orlando area and in the Miami area.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:03 AM

471 posts, read 1,660,575 times
Quote:

Amtrak passenger train service from Orlando to Miami is $35.
I use it often. The website is Amtrak

Old 01-06-2008, 06:36 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,130,934 times
There are many "limo" service companies between Orlando and Miami (Beach). They are basically large vans that shuttle people back and forth. I am sure the concierge at your hotel will be able to recommend a reputable and convenient one for you. In Miami, it will be a taxi to the airport. I think you will be spending more by NOT renting a car, but to each his own.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:21 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cariad View Post
Amtrak passenger train service from Orlando to Miami is $35.
I use it often. The website is Amtrak
ohh interesting did not know that! Must only be an east coast service though never heard of that on the west coast

Old 01-06-2008, 07:54 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,895,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
ohh interesting did not know that! Must only be an east coast service though never heard of that on the west coast
Amtrak is a nationwide passenger railroad.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:37 PM

471 posts, read 1,660,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
If you mean the west coast of Fl, the Silver Star does go thru Tampa and then heads north up the east coast or south down to Miami. Ft Myers, Sarasota and St. Pete have an Amtrak bus connection to Tampa for the Star, or to Orlando for the Silver Meteor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando