Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 08:30 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone Guy View Post
Done Old Town, Winter Park, Airboats, Zoo, NASA, beaches, markets and so forth.

Of course it's not all about the kids but man Orlando really sucks in my opinion.

Once you've done it all what do you do... Start over?

Looking at moving to Los Angeles where there is just so much more to do.
buh bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 09:57 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
And what do you do in LA after you've seen and done all?

Quote:

Of course it's not all about the kids but man Orlando really sucks in my opinion.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:12 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
And what do you do in LA after you've seen and done all?
Exactly! I love LA, but I wouldn't want to live there. Other parts of California wouldn't take a whole lot of wrist twisting, but LA? Nope. One thing I learned long ago is that when considering moving you need to do so for all the right reasons, and most people do so for mostly the wrong reasons.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:19 AM

782 posts, read 1,368,252 times
Another factor to consider is whether LAUSD is somewhere that one would want to enroll kids. Florida schools may not be the top in the nation, but when you compare them to LAUSD…*cringe*

I think part of the OP's challenge with the Orlando area isn't the activities (or perceived lack thereof), but dissatisfaction with life as a parent or as a working individual, where you are limited in the things you can do due to time, the interests of children versus some adults, and some challenges of working time for enjoyment around daily work schedules. Thus, this dissatisfaction will transfer no matter where s/he goes.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:47 AM

148 posts, read 182,845 times
Really if you are bored with Orlando you will probably be bored wherever you go.

With a new kid on the way you ought think about the mother who is unlikely to want to move or will be too busy to enjoy the new place at this time anyway. I can't see how anyone can be bored with young kids. Exhausted maybe but bored??!

Old 01-19-2015, 10:48 AM

148 posts, read 182,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EditorJul View Post
I think part of the OP's challenge with the Orlando area isn't the activities (or perceived lack thereof), but dissatisfaction with life as a parent or as a working individual, where you are limited in the things you can do due to time, the interests of children versus some adults, and some challenges of working time for enjoyment around daily work schedules. Thus, this dissatisfaction will transfer no matter where s/he goes.
Great point.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:53 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,101,952 times
Quote:

I agree with Beemer on this one, C.A has much better city choices than L.A., and don't underestimate the impact traffic will have on your daily lifestyle.

Oh BTW, if some of the reasons you're leaving is to get away from Flat & Hot, you could be in for a disappointment.

Last edited by Good Red Road; 01-19-2015 at 11:02 AM..

Old 01-19-2015, 08:03 PM

217 posts, read 325,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingatall View Post
I'm sorry that you're stuck in Orlando. Perhaps one day you'll be able earn enough money to experience a different way of life. You have nothing to which to compare Orlando as you have never lived anywhere else. People are always defensive when they haven't any options. It's okay. I hope your life, especially your financial situation, improves for you very soon.
I'm not stuck. I've traveled to various places outside of Orlando. NYC, Philly, D.C., NOLA, Toronto, Greece, Italy, Berlin, London, and so on.

All of those places have plenty of positives and negatives. At the end of the day, I love living here. The day that changes I won't hesitate to make a move.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:52 AM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamosgp View Post
I'm not stuck. I've traveled to various places outside of Orlando. NYC, Philly, D.C., NOLA, Toronto, Greece, Italy, Berlin, London, and so on.

All of those places have plenty of positives and negatives. At the end of the day, I love living here. The day that changes I won't hesitate to make a move.
Exactly. Why do those who have such a vendetta against Orlando assume we're stuck here just because we like it? How would one be "stuck" here anyway?
I'm not from here, but I chose to live here because I'm comfortable in the Orlando area. I have no reason to move.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:51 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Exactly. Why do those who have such a vendetta against Orlando assume we're stuck here just because we like it? How would one be "stuck" here anyway?
I'm not from here, but I chose to live here because I'm comfortable in the Orlando area. I have no reason to move.
Those who feel "stuck" simply do not have the determination to move on. Most of them did what they had to do to get here, failed or did not get the expected results and now suffer on.

This covers the syndrome well...
Stuck? 9 Ways to Move Your Life Forward - Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando