Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 09:30 AM

536 posts, read 852,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
WalMart sucks, and the people who shop there are pretty much the bottom of the barrel.
My wife & I go to the Walmart in Poinciana often, & sometimes up on Osceola Parkway by the Turnpike. We've been to the one by Celebration, as well.

We smile at people, & give out a few compliments here & there...& we find we get the same thing back, in return.

We speak a little Spanglish with the cashiers, & end up in friendly conversations with everyone.

Those who harbor scared or discriminating negative attitudes never feel comfortable.

Last edited by BrokerHarry; 01-17-2015 at 09:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 09:50 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
WalMart sucks, and the people who shop there are pretty much the bottom of the barrel. Want nice people, shop at Millennia early on Saturday morning before the tourists show up.
Is there a grocery store at Millenia that has certain items as cheap as Walmart ?

Old 01-17-2015, 09:54 AM

626 posts, read 975,991 times
Quote:
WalMart sucks, and the people who shop there are pretty much the bottom of the barrel. Want nice people, shop at Millennia early on Saturday morning before the tourists show up.

How can you get everyday items at Mall of Millenia? Target in our area is always out of everything despite having great prices, but what good does that do if they are always out. Walmart on the other hand is well stocked, huge variety and great prices. Go there, get what you need and leave. I'm not going there to socialize! As far as people bashing Walmart for wages, Target's are no different.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:16 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
That is a very insulting comment. I guess I will call Colonel Michael Maurer of the Hernando County Sheriff's Office, a couple of Hernando County Board of Commissioners, a few lawyers, manager of a bank and several others at let them know about that.
Go for it. Bottom feeders shop at and support Walmart. People complain about the poor pay and working conditions, yet continue to support them. I prefer to walk the talk and haven't stepped foot in one in over 10 years.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovfl View Post
How can you get everyday items at Mall of Millenia? Target in our area is always out of everything despite having great prices, but what good does that do if they are always out. Walmart on the other hand is well stocked, huge variety and great prices. Go there, get what you need and leave. I'm not going there to socialize! As far as people bashing Walmart for wages, Target's are no different.
Give me some examples of things you buy at WalMart that you can't get elsewhere. Target offers better working conditions, although I try to avoid Target as well.

PS--Let me guess, it's all about "great prices."

Old 01-17-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Give me some examples of things you buy at WalMart that you can't get elsewhere. Target offers better working conditions, although I try to avoid Target as well.

PS--Let me guess, it's all about "great prices."

You mean running around to a million places to look for different items instead of one-stop shopping. No I'm not going to do that. yikes.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovfl View Post
You mean running around to a million places to look for different items instead of one-stop shopping. No I'm not going to do that. yikes.
You didn't give me an example. I'm not sure how you get "a million places."

I can buy pretty much everything I need on a weekly basis between the grocery store and Ace Hardware. Give me examples of things you buy each week that you can't get at one of those places.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerHarry View Post
My wife & I go to the Walmart in Poinciana often, & sometimes up on Osceola Parkway by the Turnpike. We've been to the one by Celebration, as well.

We smile at people, & give out a few compliments here & there...& we find we get the same thing back, in return.

We speak a little Spanglish with the cashiers, & end up in friendly conversations with everyone.

Those who harbor scared or discriminating negative attitudes never feel comfortable.
I discriminate against a COMPANY that treats it's employees like slaves and with zero respect. Anyone who complains about WalMart and the way they treat/pay people and then shops there is talking out the side of their mouth and contributing to the problem. I'm part of the solution, not the problem because I shop at stores that treat employees with respect and offer decent pay and benefits--even if it costs me a few bucks more each week.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:25 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Quote:
Go for it. Bottom feeders shop at and support Walmart. People complain about the poor pay and working conditions, yet continue to support them. I prefer to walk the talk and haven't stepped foot in one in over 10 years.
They pay the same as all the other supermarkets. The working conditions? I think they stopped using the bull whips and water tortures years ago. Wal Mart is the largest employer in the US. They must be doing something right. Snobs make comments like yours.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:44 AM

Walmart contributes to it's employees 401K even the part-timers! They offer health insurance and the same wages as Target, Ace Hardware, etc. but one other nice thing is 70% of their employees go on to be managers and they can transfer to any part of the country they want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando