U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 08:04 PM

25,279 posts, read 14,224,498 times

Advertisements

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 10:43 PM

146 posts, read 183,001 times
Florida really does attract the biggest idiots in this country. Especially the cluster of them moaning about in this thread. I actually pray they make good on their promise and leave so we can all enjoy our beaches and sunshine and (mostly) decent COL. Hopefully that will in turn attract a better populace than the losers who move here from Bullsh*t, Ohio and think they're walking into Utopia.

The word loser was invented for people like that.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:48 AM

12,135 posts, read 14,048,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
Or they stay try to change it into whatever place they came here from. I'd rather they just go.
How can someone change a place into something else and if so in what way. ?

Old 07-20-2015, 09:21 AM

12,022 posts, read 12,032,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
How can someone change a place into something else and if so in what way. ?
People who try to change the political landscape and philosophy of a place.

How many leftists have argued that FL should enact a state income tax to pay for more spending?

Florida needs an income tax | Tampa Bay Times

Old 08-08-2015, 06:48 AM

25,279 posts, read 14,224,498 times
let FL be -- we do not house the Statue of Liberty opening up our arms to all, but we have no fences. and YES I can tell you the Tampa I lived in the 80's has definitely changed character, by who those who have settled there. I lived there 7+ years hated it- so thankful was able to move to Orlando in 2014. Yes people change areas. Miami has changed several times, and who knows what's to come..

Old 08-08-2015, 09:41 AM

26,590 posts, read 56,704,644 times
I do believe that the influx of hated Northerners has had a direct impact on the improvement of the schools in the areas they have settled in.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:32 PM

20,655 posts, read 20,226,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCOWPB View Post
Florida really does attract the biggest idiots in this country. Especially the cluster of them moaning about in this thread. I actually pray they make good on their promise and leave so we can all enjoy our beaches and sunshine and (mostly) decent COL. Hopefully that will in turn attract a better populace than the losers who move here from Bullsh*t, Ohio and think they're walking into Utopia.

The word loser was invented for people like that.
Do you also make sweeping negative generalizations against other races, sexual orientations, etc? You sound like the typical idiot that has never left their home. Who thinks visiting another state is a culturual experience that makes you brave. That visiting another country is crazy talk... Very sad.

What's funny is if you go to NYC for example and you cross the street as it's turning yellow, you will get someone from there honking and yelling go back to your hick town instead of ruining our daily life here. There are ignorant people in every city and you have proven that.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I do believe that the influx of hated Northerners has had a direct impact on the improvement of the schools in the areas they have settled in.
Not me. Tons of northerners in south FL. Hasn't helped.

Brevard and Seminole counties are at the top in central FL. No more northerners than anywhere else. Orange and Osceola probably have the most.

The only thing they bring are their pensions, their whining, their accents and poor driving habits.

After all, m*******s are some of the worst drivers around

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...BhK/story.html

Between the near centenarians, northerners and aggressive south Floridians, it's no wonder driving has become so fun over the years for us natives

Old 08-08-2015, 02:16 PM

26,590 posts, read 56,704,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Not me. Tons of northerners in south FL. Hasn't helped.

Brevard and Seminole counties are at the top in central FL. No more northerners than anywhere else. Orange and Osceola probably have the most.

The only thing they bring are their pensions, their whining, their accents and poor driving habits.

After all, m*******s are some of the worst drivers around

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...BhK/story.html

Between the near centenarians, northerners and aggressive south Floridians, it's no wonder driving has become so fun over the years for us natives
Let me add to my previous statement by saying Northerners who are moving here upper and middle income Northerners moving here with school aged children. People coming from crappy schools in impoverished inner cities are going from bad to bad. People coming from better and best suburban districts have demanded better schools and more often than not brought in kids who are higher performing than their local counterparts. The end result is that the schools have improved.

Old 08-08-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Do you also make sweeping negative generalizations against other races, sexual orientations, etc? You sound like the typical idiot that has never left their home. Who thinks visiting another state is a culturual experience that makes you brave. That visiting another country is crazy talk... Very sad.

What's funny is if you go to NYC for example and you cross the street as it's turning yellow, you will get someone from there honking and yelling go back to your hick town instead of ruining our daily life here. There are ignorant people in every city and you have proven that.
He's right in some aspects though. Many people move here and whine when "it's not like back home"

If you want crazy high taxes and a certain lifestyle, cali and NYC await. People shouldn't come here and try to change FL into where they came from and complain when that doesn't happen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando