Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 07:17 AM

4 posts, read 2,869 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I'm anticipating moving to the Orlando area late October early November. Besides school district, my next concern is youth soccer for my daughter. I know tryouts here are usually in June so we'll be at a disadvantage trying to join up with a club mid year. I am open to even finding a training only spot with a team and if something opens that would be great. My daughter currently plays U13 (2003 birth year) Champions League for her club team and also is in the PAWest ODP program. I don't know anything about the competitive soccer scene in the Orlando area. So far I've found Orlando City, but are there other clubs in that area? Right now she's worked her way into one of the bigger clubs in Western PA and I'm looking for a high-level, high-caliber club for her to join. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 07:38 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,428,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_dad View Post
Hello all. I'm anticipating moving to the Orlando area late October early November. Besides school district, my next concern is youth soccer for my daughter. I know tryouts here are usually in June so we'll be at a disadvantage trying to join up with a club mid year. I am open to even finding a training only spot with a team and if something opens that would be great. My daughter currently plays U13 (2003 birth year) Champions League for her club team and also is in the PAWest ODP program. I don't know anything about the competitive soccer scene in the Orlando area. So far I've found Orlando City, but are there other clubs in that area? Right now she's worked her way into one of the bigger clubs in Western PA and I'm looking for a high-level, high-caliber club for her to join. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!
Yes there are other clubs, but I use Orlando City in Sanford/Markham for my kids and have been thoroughly impressed.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:55 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,346,116 times
Orlando City is the new hot club but traditionally Seminole Soccer Club has always been considered a strong club as well as Winter Park.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:39 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Do you know anything about FKK? I see they are in the Oviedo are which is one of the areas we are looking at.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:50 AM

995 posts, read 1,696,842 times
Spirit United, FKK, Orlando City, South Orlando Soccer Club, Maitland Strikers

Old 04-15-2016, 12:44 PM

53 posts, read 59,482 times
Hi. I've been looking at FKK myself for my daughter, who also pays U13. We are moving to Oviedo this summer as well. I've found that and Class Athlete Club. Although, (anyone can correct me if I am wrong), it seems to me that Class Athlete club is more of a rec and FKK is just competitive.

My daughter has only played rec, but her rec team is highly competitive for a rec team. Myself, I am trying to decide to put her into the rec or competitive at this point. But competitive soccer is so much more money.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemom1225 View Post
Hi. I've been looking at FKK myself for my daughter, who also pays U13. We are moving to Oviedo this summer as well. I've found that and Class Athlete Club. Although, (anyone can correct me if I am wrong), it seems to me that Class Athlete club is more of a rec and FKK is just competitive.

My daughter has only played rec, but her rec team is highly competitive for a rec team. Myself, I am trying to decide to put her into the rec or competitive at this point. But competitive soccer is so much more money.
The good news is from what I am seeing, competitive soccer in FL is cheaper than PA. We pay $2500 per year just for her club, plus uniforms, hotels, meals, Nike Magista boots , ODP, 3v3 tournaments, etc. I would be afraid to add up everything we spend on soccer for her.

Good luck with the move and with your daughters soccer!

Old 04-16-2016, 09:35 PM

53 posts, read 59,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_dad View Post
The good news is from what I am seeing, competitive soccer in FL is cheaper than PA. We pay $2500 per year just for her club, plus uniforms, hotels, meals, Nike Magista boots , ODP, 3v3 tournaments, etc. I would be afraid to add up everything we spend on soccer for her.

Good luck with the move and with your daughters soccer!

Wow, that is a lot I know it adds up. I have four that play sports, and my boys play multiple sports.. My parents don't get how or why we pay so much for them to be so involved. We do it for many reasons and it's worth it all.

Good luck in your search for a new soccer home. I know it's stressful. My husband says I put more effort into finding them new sports home than I have put into finding a house. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando