Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 12:19 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times

Advertisements

Downtown Tampa pizza maker expanding to Orlando

OK, I've known about this for awhile...but now that it's about to open, I'd like to spread the word to people in Orlando! This pizza place is awesome...particularly if you like Neapolitan pizza. They have been open for 5-6 years now in Downtown Tampa, but are opening in Winter Springs in Orlando next month.

It's one of the top restaurants in Tampa, and I go at least once a month. Although this past month I went 3 times, since I've been away from Florida for so long. I even recommended it to one of the Orlando posters on here and they loved it. Check out the reviews on Yelp if you don't believe me.

I totally recommend that any pizza lovers check it out. I haven't been to Prato yet, but I'd venture to say Bavaro's is a more authentic Neapolitan pizza...it's not quite as fancy though, but it does have a really classical Italian decor. Interestingly enough the article says the Orlando location will be twice the size of the Tampa one.

Just another thing I won't have to give up when I move from Tampa to Orlando this year...Bavaro's and Shake Shack. Orlando has it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 12:36 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Thanks for the heads up...looking forward to trying it! Prato and Tartini have the best Neapolitan pizza in Orlando thus far (as well as Via Napoli at Epcot...fantastic, but insanely expensive).

Old 02-26-2015, 03:45 PM

5,025 posts, read 5,674,034 times
I am very excited about this . Where is Tartini? I like the idea. But am just worried about the location since Winter Springs, while a nice town, I would say is heavily chain oriented . I will do my best to keep it open though! The original location in Tampa is a cool space, maybe a little bit less intimate/fancy feeling than Prato, but the pizza was every bit as good, and definitely somewhat cheaper.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:54 PM

995 posts, read 1,695,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelander1991 View Post
I am very excited about this . Where is Tartini? I like the idea. But am just worried about the location since Winter Springs, while a nice town, I would say is heavily chain oriented . I will do my best to keep it open though! The original location in Tampa is a cool space, maybe a little bit less intimate/fancy feeling than Prato, but the pizza was every bit as good, and definitely somewhat cheaper.
Tartini is awesome! South orange ave. south of downtown.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Well Bavaro's is as far from being a chain as you can get.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:58 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Sweet, I'm always down to try a new place

Old 02-27-2015, 06:52 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,674,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Well Bavaro's is as far from being a chain as you can get.
I know, that's why I'm thinking that while it's cool their opening period, and they'll draw people by word of mouth regardless , I think they'd probably do better if they had opened in like Winter Park or Audobon Park. I hope they do really well either way though because that place is awesome.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
I know, that's why I'm thinking that while it's cool their opening period, and they'll draw people by word of mouth regardless , I think they'd probably do better if they had opened in like Winter Park or Audobon Park. I hope they do really well either way though because that place is awesome.
Ah, right...sorry I misunderstood what you said. I'm sure they'll do great either way.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:19 PM

Just some notes...their Facebook page for the Orlando location is up now and it looks like they are getting ready to open soon. I just went again this past week, and right now they have a LivingSocial deal going on so looks like I'll be going again soon. Definitely getting my fix since I've been away from Tampa for so long!

What's interesting to me is that apparently the Orlando location is backed by an investor who wants to open multiple Orlando locations. So expect Bavaro's to become an Orlando staple in the coming years.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:18 PM

New Winter Springs restaurant promises Naples-style pizza

Opening the first week of May! Better late than never. Plus they just announced a Tampa airport location. Can't wait to check out the one in Orlando...and let's remember that this will be the first of several locations in Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando