Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2015, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 825 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband got a job in Disney and we are moving to Orlando by March 23. We are looking for a single bedroom apartment of rent $800 to 900. Could someone guide us finding a safe place within 10 min drive from Disney and also near grocery stores. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 12:57 PM

27,167 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Check out Legends at Champions Gate. It's an easy 13 mile drive (all highway mostly) and in a nice/somewhat quieter area than a good number of the properties that are very close to WDW and a good bit safer I'd wager. It's a walkable area with a Publix grocery store, shops and restaurants a few minutes walk away.

Legends at ChampionsGate | Apartments in ChampionsGate, FL

Old 03-14-2015, 01:11 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,508,237 times
Look at Abaco Key. On the website it's a little over your budget, but Disney employees get a discount. It's basically right next door to Disney property.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:31 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
One big question--WHERE in Disney will he be working. If he's on the north end, look at the apartments up on Reams Road behind the Magic Kingdom in Windermere. If he's on the south side closer to ESPN or Animal Kingdom, the Champions Gate option makes sense, or Cagan Crossings in Clermont. If he's over in Downtown Disney/Casting/or Celebration, then Celebration might be the best option.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:31 AM

782 posts, read 1,368,252 times
One thing to keep in mind is that any place near to Disney will have a premium price on one bedroom apartments, along with low availability.

Currently in the I.D. (the Disney discount book), there are discounts listed for Century Palms at World Gateway, Cagan Crossings, Emerson at Celebration, and Abaco Key, but I know that other apartments in the area also offer discounts. (Right now I'm in Citra, and I know they offered discounts when we first signed on.) Some of these are discounts on application fees, and some are discounts on rent itself. Once your husband gets access to the Portal, other companies have information on there that don't make the print book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando