Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 07:37 PM

4 posts, read 3,411 times

Advertisements

This is my first post on this forum, so hello to everyone. My wife and I along with my 7 month old son are looking to relocate to the Orlando area. We currently reside in northern Illinois about 23 miles from Chicago. I am a journeyman automotive technician and my wife handles insurance for an endodontics company. I would have a job before relocating and my wife can work from home. We like suburbs in both Seminole and Lake county. From what I ve read Seminole seems to have the preferred school system but I haven't heard much about lake county schools. I haven't spent a whole lot of time in lake but we liked it because of the hills and the more country feel. We are big water people( boating, jet skiing, various water sports) and enjoy outdoor activities. So were looking for some recommendations on areas. I would most likely be commuting to Orlando for work and our budget is around the 250K mark. We would be seeking a 4 or 3 bedroom 2+ bathroom home with a pool and fenced yard( for the dogs). Any help would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 07:58 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,788,175 times
Checkout Clermont, Minneola and Montverde as places to live for families as those are nice areas with good schools probably the best in Lake. Lake Mary, Oviedo, Longwood and Winter Springs are located in Seminole County and all have excellent schools.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:08 PM

Thank you

Old 03-27-2015, 08:51 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Definitely check out the Clermont/Minneola area. It's on the Chain of Lakes and is home to avid boaters. You could get a home with your requirements in either area, although I would lock something down sooner than later as home prices are beginning to rise pretty dramatically (we've seen a 25% jump per s/f in my neighborhood in the past year) and you will be shut out of the better neighborhoods and new construction pretty soon.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:56 PM

Awesome, thank you guys for the info. We 're thinking hopefully spring of 16.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:15 PM

Annerk what neighborhood are you in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando