Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 06:55 PM

45 posts, read 161,371 times

Advertisements

Who has better schools, least amount of crime, good shopping and restaurants. Better overall area and surrounding areas, better homes between 300 and 400 thousand. How far from the theme parks? Thanks for your help in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 07:05 PM

170 posts, read 753,286 times
they both have great schools little crime shopping and restraunts, but if u need to use i4 lake mary is the better option

Old 01-13-2008, 07:10 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,323 times
As the previous poster said, both are nice areas. Lake Mary is close to I-4 and Oviedo is close to the 417. Both have excellent schools. Winter Springs is also a great area and is near Oviedo.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:15 PM

33 posts, read 93,112 times
I live at the border of Oviedo/Winter Springs/Winter Park... I like it but I'm not that close to the actual town of Oviedo.

Lake Mary was actually named one of the best places to live by Money Magazine

Old 01-14-2008, 06:17 AM

307 posts, read 2,106,290 times
thanks minet! we sure were nominated! i think both lake mary and oviedo are awesome places to live. both are close to shopping, both have excellent schools, and i will say that you may be able to buy home for your money in oviedo. however with the housing market, any offers are being considered!
i think a good suggestion would be to come visit lake mary and oviedo, and see which one you like better. every town has it's own "feel" to it, and they're both worth checking out. you can get to the theme parks from either town (i live in lake mary and my husband commutes to disney)

Old 01-14-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rholborn View Post
thanks minet! we sure were nominated! i think both lake mary and oviedo are awesome places to live. both are close to shopping, both have excellent schools, and i will say that you may be able to buy home for your money in oviedo. however with the housing market, any offers are being considered!
i think a good suggestion would be to come visit lake mary and oviedo, and see which one you like better. every town has it's own "feel" to it, and they're both worth checking out. you can get to the theme parks from either town (i live in lake mary and my husband commutes to disney)
Thanks, we are doing just that early February to see many areas and to see for ourselves. My other area concern is if we do move down here is to have the right insurance protection from Tornados, Hurricanes, storms in general. I have read or seen too many times people think there protected only to find out about some loophole from the insurance company. That concerns me and I don't want or need that to happen to my family. Thanks again, any comments about my insurance concerns from anyone?

Old 01-14-2008, 10:58 AM

10 posts, read 44,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael c View Post
Thanks, we are doing just that early February to see many areas and to see for ourselves. My other area concern is if we do move down here is to have the right insurance protection from Tornados, Hurricanes, storms in general. I have read or seen too many times people think there protected only to find out about some loophole from the insurance company. That concerns me and I don't want or need that to happen to my family. Thanks again, any comments about my insurance concerns from anyone?
I have the same concerns. I don't even know which area is more affected by such disasters... As I'm moving from a foreign country with no hurricanes at all, I just don't know what to do.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneytati View Post
I have the same concerns. I don't even know which area is more affected by such disasters... As I'm moving from a foreign country with no hurricanes at all, I just don't know what to do.
As we will, do your homework and be sure. Living in the mid- atlantic were pretty lucky from such disasters. The midwest, westcoast and south all deal with this on a daily basis. Since we really want a change we will just have to make sure we have the right coverage, good-luck!

Old 01-14-2008, 02:55 PM

10 posts, read 44,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael c View Post
As we will, do your homework and be sure. Living in the mid- atlantic were pretty lucky from such disasters. The midwest, westcoast and south all deal with this on a daily basis. Since we really want a change we will just have to make sure we have the right coverage, good-luck!
I will. Thanks a lot, and good luck to you too!

Old 01-14-2008, 03:29 PM

307 posts, read 2,106,290 times
Those are very good questions to ask before moving to Florida, and those questions can be easily answered too. The best thing to do is ask someone who their insurance company is, and work with a reputable company. Also, you can ask around what other people have for coverage, and do what they do. I have been with my company for many years, and they cover our cars, my husbands motorcycle, and our homeowners too. Have a great trip in February!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando