Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 12:09 PM

6 posts, read 5,121 times

Advertisements

My husband recently received a job offer in the Orlando area. He will be working at the Orlando Sanford International Airport. We have a 2 1/2 year old son. I'm currently self-employed as an interior designer in the Metro Detroit area, and will have to reestablish my business in the Orlando area. We are looking for some suggestions on cities. My husband will have a daily commute to the airport, so we don't want to be too far, but I also want to be in an area that will be close to shopping, dining, etc. We are going to be renting. We want a minimum of 2 bedrooms, in a nice, safe, family friendly environment. Our max monthly rental budget is $1,400. Does any one have any recommendations for apartment complexes, condos, and home rentals in the following areas.

Winter Park- Looks really desirable, but all of the apartments either seem really old and outdated or extremely expensive. Could we rent a nice house on our budget in that area? Are there areas close to Winter Park that are just as nice, but not as expensive?

Lake Mary- Is in close proximity to the airport, but seems far away from all of the good shopping, dining, etc.

Windermere- From what I have seen online, looks to be a nice quiet area that is close to shopping,etc, but seems to be far away from the airport. How bad would that commute be?

Dr. Phillips- Again same as above

Lake Nona- Newer area, looks nice. Not to sure about the commute to the airport though?

Does anyone have a Realtor that they would recommend to guide us in finding a rental home? My husband and I will probably fly down to Orlando in the upcoming weeks to check out the different areas, but I would like to narrow down my search before we go.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 01:12 PM

24,403 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Go with Lake Mary, good luck!

Old 04-08-2015, 01:28 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,748,013 times
What about Altamonte Springs?

It is a decent distance from the Sanford airport and it has good shopping options. The mall there is most likely the best performing mall outside of the tourist-laden and supported Florida Mall and Mall at Millenia. You have access to all the major chain stores and restaurants. You're not far from Winter Park.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:47 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Lake Nona, Windermere, and Dr. Philips are way too long of a daily commute.

Look at Lake Mary and Altamonte Springs. Winter Springs might work as well.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:07 PM

Thanks so much! Does anyone know any particular apartment/condo complexes in those areas that are nice?

Old 04-08-2015, 07:36 PM

33 posts, read 35,519 times
Default Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Lake Nona, Windermere, and Dr. Philips are way too long of a daily commute.

Look at Lake Mary and Altamonte Springs. Winter Springs might work as well.
Lake Nona is the closest of all the areas mentioned to the airport. We're talking Orlanto International Airport right? Sanford Airport would be closest to Lake Mary. The drive WOUKD be a form of torture if you lived in Lake Mary and worked at OIA.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:10 PM

My husband will be working out of the Sanford Airport.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:37 PM

33 posts, read 35,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorth925 View Post
My husband will be working out of the Sanford Airport.
Whew! Sorry for the confusion. Felt an overwhelming need to save you. Then yes, Lake Mary and Sanford would be closest. Have a great night. ☺️

Old 04-08-2015, 10:02 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,453 times
Longwood is option as well.

Old 04-10-2015, 03:37 PM

Is Oviedo a nice area? Would that be commutable to Orlando Sanford Airport?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando