Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 06:05 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,915,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Although I dont really like the way shelia (the OP) called everyone names, I do have to say, and dont pick on me or call me a troll, I do say positive things too... But, Orlando does seem to have a lot of issues (as far as it's residents). There are som great people in Orlando, no doubt, but there is definitely an in-your-face/rude/me-me-me mentality in Orlando. There are many reasons why I like Orlando, but I must say, it's residents are not one of it's strong points. Dont hate me! I' sure all you guys are awesome, but you gotta admit, it's people arent Orlando's strength.
Unless their being paid, albeit very little, to say, "Have a Magical Day." lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 07:58 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,196,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I sort of have to disagree. When I lived in FL the first time, no problems. NC, no problems. When I moved back to FL though (East Orlando), I tried my hardest to like everyone no matter their skin color. But, I saw a big difference in the way people treat one another in Orlando compared to NC, and I saw a particular ethnic group (repeatedly) causing trouble in our subdivisions (even though they were probably 1/3 of the population, we had a lot of trouble with this particular group). Also when driving, at least in East Orlando, I saw the same people doing the crazy driving, flipping people the birds, etc.

I didnt like the way I felt about these folks, because it wasn't fair to group them all together, but I definitely saw a large portion of this particular group casuing a lot of problems in our area. And I asked others about it, and they shared my exact same thoughts.

It's unfair to think the way I did, I admit that.
Let me guess, they drive their crappy Honda rice burners blasting reggaeton and can't speak English. God forbid you actually have to work with some of that trash. It's okay, everybody else thinks the same, too.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:07 PM

142 posts, read 361,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Let me guess, they drive their crappy Honda rice burners blasting reggaeton and can't speak English. God forbid you actually have to work with some of that trash. It's okay, everybody else thinks the same, too.
I hope your post gets deleted, racist!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:01 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,647,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilaa28 View Post
Orlando is probably one of the worst places to be-- there is no culture...only trash of any race or sub category and low class mean people. Thats not to say miami has amazing people in it but you can find decent people there I would hope-- Orlando is like full of robots....the people here are so so bad i cant describe it. living in Orlando I was harassed by my entire neighborhood for no reason...I couldnt believe people would do this to a girl who lives alone- those are the kind of people you find in Orlando...just flat out mean crazy and weird..none of my neighbors ever tried talking to me or being friendly (maybe one once)...next thing I know they are harassing me and trash talking me and calling the cops on me...insane....ive also lived in miami b4 and though miami has the worst drivers and craziest people too-- its still not as bad as orlando I think because though orlando is a pretty city--its the people that make it the worst place to live...the city isnt bad itself, but the people-- i swear they rae the rudest people on planet earth

also its really hard to meet people here-- impossible for some- easier for others. Its basically your luck or circumstances because if you dont have that, meeting people will be impossible. These are the unfriendliest most stuck up narcissistic losers you wil ever encoutner. All you find in orlando are arrogant trashy people, stuck up mean. And even the people with great jobs and lots of money-- so stuck up mean..and they treat people with contempt. Ive been here 10+ years. I managed to literally make two friends I think that's it and one was using me to get guys at clubs. They both moved. Especially if u are attractive or stand out people here hate you-- they are angry and bitter and just messed up. They have no compassion and no souls it seems. I know lots of people who moved here and couldn't meet anyone (they are of course then blamed for being unfriendly or whatever which isnt the case). However, others move here and do meet people but there aer mostly weird crazy people here. Getting a job here means working with the same kind of idiots and weirdos and not much here. Everyone here seems to have no soul it's weird...yeah people are mean everywhere its true but I think its the worst here
I have a feeling you'll have issues meeting friends no matter where you go. I have many many awesome friends here in Orlando and I meet cool new people all the time. Dont blame a metro of over 2 million people for the fact you can't get along with people. I know there are some parts of Orlando with people I wouldn't associate myself with (trashy/stuck up) but I'd say the majority of the people are friendly.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:00 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,266,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinonuptotheeastside View Post
I hope your post gets deleted, racist!
I'm pretty sure it was sarcastic...

Old 02-08-2011, 11:19 AM

142 posts, read 361,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
I'm pretty sure it was sarcastic...
Not really, this person seems to have a theme with this, you can tell by their reply on the first page of this post.

Nice to see you came to thier defense though

Old 02-08-2011, 12:54 PM

258 posts, read 809,589 times
I don't hate Orlando at all. I've lived in far worse places in my life.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:37 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,835,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
In short, yes.

Many could speak English, whether they choose to or not, was up to them I guess.

I met some very nice older generation folks, but the younger ones, we had some problems with, especially our subdivision.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:20 PM

719 posts, read 1,326,525 times
I Hate:

1. The Highway system. (Sucks having 3 lanes in each direction going through dowtown). And to me it seems as though the FDOT is not really doing anything to fix the probs. The road after the millenia exit going toward downtown is Horrible. So bumpy, uneven, just flat out OLD!

2. The Roads; Where I moved from, there are turning lanes to go into a major shopping center. Here it seems like the turning lanes are the far right lane....Which slows traffic ALOT! I also notice the roads are not very consistent. There will be a lane that may turn into a turning lane with no sign or anything. Ive seen this on many roads here.

3. The Tolls; Way too many in the weirdest places. But then again it is a Tourist City....

4. This is partially my fault for waiting until the last min to get gas, but I'm so used to an intersection with at least 2 major gas stations. A Quiktrip and a BP. Here's it's 7 eleven and all these random Kangaroos, and mini Chevron's with 6-8 pumps.. I'm like Build (2) competitior gas stations with 24 pumps each...End of story!

And the biggest One:
5. I hate how FL or (Orlando) builds beautiful communities or parts of town right next to a completely filthy area.....Areas such as Hunters Creek, Baldwin Park, and even small parts of Metro W and Dr. Phillips are to close to what I wanna call Hood. I mean, I know I've been here for 6months but It's obvious that Orlando builds like a giant GLOB....no sense of organization at all. Mansion, shack, Wal Greens, Masnion, shack, shack....LOL. It amazes me.

So pretty much summed up, I hate Orlando Infrastructure and the way they build there communities....BUT I STILL LOVE IT! =)

Old 02-08-2011, 08:22 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,266,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinonuptotheeastside View Post
Not really, this person seems to have a theme with this, you can tell by their reply on the first page of this post.

Nice to see you came to thier defense though
Well, whatever then. It's his/her opinion and doesn't particularly affect me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando