Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2011, 07:42 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
These last couple of summers in FL have been quite cold. Even now, we are close to mid-march and had a 45 degree morning today in central FL
This year has been great, I haven't turned on my AC since November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 04:37 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
these last couple of summers in fl have been quite cold. even now, we are close to mid-march and had a 45 degree morning today in central fl

what???

Old 03-12-2011, 07:03 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
what???
er I meant winters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
This year has been great, I haven't turned on my AC since November.
Meant winters not summer, but seems like you got that

Old 03-12-2011, 08:44 PM

^^^Oh, ok. Lol.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:59 PM

4 posts, read 13,907 times
Rude people in Orlando? There are rude people all over the country. I've been here for 17 years and Orlando is a great place to live. Yes it is very humid here in the summertime (June-Sept). October can be warm at times, but 5 months of humid temperatures beats 6 months of cold temperatures IMO. I hate cutting my grass in the summertime, I have to do it in stages and take breaks because of the heat, but it beats shoveling snow and ice and starting your car 15 minutes in freezing temperature before you can go anywhere.

I wonder how many people on here are, when referring to rude people are referring to people when driving? I live in the Windermere area and the Disney Entrance/Outlet Mall area has been ridiciulous the past couple of days. I'm sorry but if you are going 10 miles under the speed limit with your blinker on and you look like you don't have a clue where you are going, then you really shouldn't be driving and second you will be behind me. I'm not going to let you in or over to get in front of me. Why would I? Don't be clueless behind the wheel. Traffic can suck at times, but what big city doesn't have issues with traffic. If you will be on I-4 during rush hour leave 15 minutes early, or take the back way. Crime, what city doesn't have crime. A couple of years back Orlando had one of the worst years with murders. How many of those were in the pine hills, BVL, Parramore/Westmoreland, Oak ridge/S.OBT area? You just have to know the areas not to be in, like every city. Use common sense.

I think the people who hate it here, probably feel under appreciated at work, live in a bad part of town, and there lives are filled with negativity. I came here to finish college, got my degrees and enjoy a happy life with awesome weather, the beach an hour away, and have a good core of friends with a great job, and I don't pay State or City Income taxes.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:50 PM

258 posts, read 812,171 times
I think a lot of people who have an issue with Orlando haven't really lived in too many other places, or in an urban area of the same size/type as Orlando. A lot of the problems people seem to find with Orlando aren't unique to Orlando itself.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:16 PM

I have personally found people in Atlanta and Charlotte (and Jacksonville) to be friendlier than the folks in Orlando (overall). But maybe it's because I lived in Orlando and not in ATL or Charlotte.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:25 PM

19 posts, read 48,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Practice View Post
I think a lot of people who have an issue with Orlando haven't really lived in too many other places, or in an urban area of the same size/type as Orlando. A lot of the problems people seem to find with Orlando aren't unique to Orlando itself.
Maybe maybe not, I've lived in bigger cities with better aesthetics and a more cultured populous. I think Orlandos problem is it's trying to emulate the other Orange County, not a good thing if you ask me. But who am I.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:00 AM

10 posts, read 27,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **noodles** View Post
well if you move here you're going to learn to hate summers here, i guarantee that. Also be prepared for a huge culture shock. Also brush up on your spanish skills, when you get robbed you will understand what dinero and pistolero mean.
not everyone who speaks spanish is a "pistolero" or a gun man. We are doctors, lawyers, police officers, fireman, army men, navy men, senators, congressmen, teachers all willing to help you not to use a gun on you as you might infer. Educate yourself in diversity and you will learn that we are all one even though we might speak different languages or call money "dinero"

Old 03-15-2011, 10:03 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAONTHEROD View Post
not everyone who speaks spanish is a "pistolero" or a gun man. We are doctors, lawyers, police officers, fireman, army men, navy men, senators, congressmen, teachers all willing to help you not to use a gun on you as you might infer. Educate yourself in diversity and you will learn that we are all one even though we might speak different languages or call money "dinero"
Agreed Agreed Agreed. Alot of people don't realize is that one of the main reason's Hispanic migrate here, is not only because proximity to native land and larger population, but also because they see hope here. They come here because they see many Hispanics here in elevated positions which makes them believe they also have mobility. Hispanics, like most ethnic groups (or anyone for that matter) want to live an area they feel they can take advantage of opportunities to advance. Believe it or not, we not only have on the biggest Hispanic populations but we have one of the biggest Hispanic middle class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando