Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 09:56 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,883,552 times

Advertisements

Living in the Orlando Area since 1983, I have indeed have witness change over the years. I remember thier was a big to do over the expansion of JYP (John Youg Parkway). The hay day of Chruch Street Station to the new current plan to up date the Orlando Downtown Area.
That being said it is good that Central Florida has up dated ourselves.
Phx AZ, on the other hand is doing(or trying) to up grade thier image. Miles of abandon Hotels and Homes on Van Bueran/Washington have be leveled to attract the down city folks back. Central Ave is actually looking good to Camelback. Since residing here for 4 years there has been positive change dispite the recession and my bad attidute for Phx.

Orlando is a Great City and we are in transition once more. Old nieborhoods are new and that old home on Summerland is getting a new restoration. My wife and I miss Orlando/Winter Park dearly and hopefully we can return to our state Florida!
It is a good thing that we have Big Companies to invest in the Sun Shine State. That means at the end of the day Florida will catch up to wages that the rest of the country enjoys, becuase we have World Wide Companies with set Earning scales.
It is true when one says "No Place Like Home".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 10:04 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,883,552 times
Yea Tampa is great too. I reaaaaaaaaly miss the Water and my old hang out in Clearwater Bch "Shepards Beach Resort". So many good memories with my bride of 14years! Now I tease my self with the beach cams.

Again thats what Great about Florida!

Last edited by GHOSTRIDER AZ; 03-18-2012 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: English

Old 03-31-2012, 12:14 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,201,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobLee22 View Post
I'm getting ready to move to the area and I haven't ever been there, so I was just wondering.
I remember this thread. Turns out I didnt hate Orlando so much but just the conditions and limitations I was at in life. As most people want to blame it on the location when thats not entirely true. Change of scenery is great and does help but it's not always the solution. That being said I love Orlando. It was me the whole time, but I opened my mind and acknowledged some issues even though I didn't want too and made a better situation out of being in Orlando.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:29 AM

97 posts, read 228,892 times
I love this topic.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losangelesgirl View Post
It's boring, culture-less and has no identity beyond theme parks. Yes, I've lived there so I know what I'm talking about. On the other hand, I really miss Publix!!

Wouldn't this be a red flag if this doesnt interest you before moving to a placE?

Old 06-26-2012, 06:36 AM

570 posts, read 1,153,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by losangelesgirl View Post
It's boring, culture-less and has no identity beyond theme parks. Yes, I've lived there so I know what I'm talking about. On the other hand, I really miss Publix!!
The only thing I know about LA is its dirty, its full of mexicans and blacks, ugly-born chicks turn decent looking, unless you're a multi-millionaire you're a nobody, it's certainly not boring near Compton, a lot of movement from Mexico and none of them being good, people are fake, a lot of cons and scammers(LA makes Nigeria look like a priest)

Orlando>LA aka lil mehico

Old 06-27-2012, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,372 times
My whole family love living here in Central Florida, extended family keep relocating here as well. The weather is perfect, well, except for this week with the rain, but the sunshine is so fantastic. We love the wildlife, birds, otters in the retention pond by our home, Rock Springs, New Smyrna Beach, Vero Beach, Disney-theme everywhere, 417 (one of the best toll roads in the country). We love eating outside almost year-round, eating outside at restaurants, friendly neighbors, friendly people at the stores, the green all year round, roses in bloom in January. I think that there are people who really aren't happy anywhere, I think we could live anywhere, but having lived in five states (all having seasons), this is the best. Our quality of life has improved greatly, we've always lived within our means, I'm a stay-at-home-mom, my husband works in IT, was able to find employment here, we relocated on our own after he had secured his job. We've lived here a few years and most days feel like we live in paradise, except when the hurricane threat rises. Again, there are some that haven't lived anywhere else, maybe that's why they're miserable here? Maybe they'd be miserable anywhere? We love change, so we change things up often, but this is one of our moves where we anticipate staying more than ten years, we've already beaten our previous record of five years LOL. Come to Florida, you'll love it, we jumped at the chance and haven't regretted it for one second. Oh, and we've never been to disney, we can't wait until we go but like I said, we live within our means and are saving for that for six admissions .

Old 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newonlooker View Post
My whole family love living here in Central Florida, extended family keep relocating here as well. The weather is perfect, well, except for this week with the rain, but the sunshine is so fantastic. We love the wildlife, birds, otters in the retention pond by our home, Rock Springs, New Smyrna Beach, Vero Beach, Disney-theme everywhere, 417 (one of the best toll roads in the country). We love eating outside almost year-round, eating outside at restaurants, friendly neighbors, friendly people at the stores, the green all year round, roses in bloom in January. I think that there are people who really aren't happy anywhere, I think we could live anywhere, but having lived in five states (all having seasons), this is the best. Our quality of life has improved greatly, we've always lived within our means, I'm a stay-at-home-mom, my husband works in IT, was able to find employment here, we relocated on our own after he had secured his job. We've lived here a few years and most days feel like we live in paradise, except when the hurricane threat rises. Again, there are some that haven't lived anywhere else, maybe that's why they're miserable here? Maybe they'd be miserable anywhere? We love change, so we change things up often, but this is one of our moves where we anticipate staying more than ten years, we've already beaten our previous record of five years LOL. Come to Florida, you'll love it, we jumped at the chance and haven't regretted it for one second. Oh, and we've never been to disney, we can't wait until we go but like I said, we live within our means and are saving for that for six admissions .
6 admissions? Ahh well don't worry. I went to Disney for the first time turning 20 (last year) so there are plenty who have not been. DESPITE what people say about it and Orlando, Disney truly is one magical place for children and adults.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:52 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,120,893 times
I think if all those who are so unhappy with Orlando and its lackings should certainly get out while they still have
their sanity.

I know one poster on here has been leaving for years. Still here. Still moaning and complaining.

Get on with your life!

Old 06-27-2012, 10:58 PM

511 posts, read 854,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenAroundTheBlock View Post
Responses like this should be taken with a grain of salt. The same people on these boards just assume everyone will feel the way they do about the heat. Maybe this person loves warm humid weather; but you just guarantee he'll hate it. These types of posts are so redundant and boring. Why not add some value if you're going to speak out.
Yep I happen to be one of those who loves the heat and humidity, it gets my blood moving and then just when you've had enough you get enough of a touch of winter with 2 nice mild, dry seasons of spring and fall in between instead of an entire winter freeze out. It really is the best mix I know of and the summer sun also makes me feel vibrant and energized instead of that grayish, filtered sort of sunlight you get up north that depresses me something awful..

That comes from someone who's lifetime occupation has mostly occurred outside...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando