Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 11:27 AM

6 posts, read 7,163 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I may be accepting a job offer in North Orlando that will lead me to be relocating my wife and 2 year old to the Orlando area. Currently have lived in Arizona (mostly Phoenix) our entire lives. Looking to rent a 2 bed/bath for the short-term until we get further settled, but not sure where to start looking. I'm trying to keep the commute as minimal as possible, but want to be renting in a good family neighborhood ($1500 m/o max?).

Any thoughts on good neighborhoods for this? Also, any other tips from someone coming from an oven to a sauna?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 08:53 AM

7 posts, read 6,697 times
My husband and I actually just moved to the Phoenix area from north Orlando. We couldn't take the humidity, among other things, any longer. I've lurked these forums for years and never signed up until now.

Where exactly would your job be in north Orlando? The area is quite spread out and big, so you're smart in wanting to keep your commute shorter. I-4 through Orlando can be a nightmare during commute times. We lived in Lake Mary, and it's a nice family-friendly area with good schools. (depending on where exactly in Lake Mary you are). I think with that budget you can find a nice temporary place to live. We lived in some brand new, at the time, apartments off of International Blvd and Heathrow Park Ln.

It would depend on where exactly you mean by north Orlando, but there are some other areas that would probably meet your criteria. If you offer up a more specific area where your job might be, you will probably get some more people commenting.

As for moving from an oven to a sauna, I can't offer much help seeing how that was one of our biggest complaints. :-( I'm from Michigan, and my husband is from Colorado... we just couldn't cut it in the Florida humidity.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:41 AM

22 posts, read 31,314 times
Hello, "safe neighborhood " I would look for crime stats at the county sheriff's website. Be careful with apartment websites, not all sites are accurate.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:15 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,431,426 times
Congrats on your new job and move to Florida! Where exactly will your job be located? As stated by a PP, North Orlando is a very large area.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:51 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,667,412 times
If you want a slightly more urban, walkable lifestyle with museums and restaurants and things to do close by, Winter Park might be good. If you want somewhere a little quieter but still with some things to do in the area, Oviedo might work out well for you. As mentioned, it is a large area, and you do want to be close to your job.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:26 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,237 times
Check out Windermere as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando