Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 03:16 PM

7 posts, read 5,882 times

Advertisements

hello, just move to orlando, if any good home insurance can be recommended pls ? thanks..
too many insurance co. not sure how to choose , price, coverage or after purchase etc....

also one of our friends is looking for some good day care in hunters creek area , if know any good one pls also introduce...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 11:48 AM

66 posts, read 84,555 times
I am afraid I don't have an answer for you, but rather am also in need of finding home insurance for my new home, so I am going to keep an eye on this for replies.

One thing I do know - do not try State Farm! They presently insure everything for my family here in the Chicago area, and I have had them for over 30 years. Great rates here, very happy with the service, and thought I would stay with them in Florida. Nope! I could not believe the quote I was given, and was told by the very nice agent that State Farm is probably the most expensive in Florida, and they are not really interested in insuring homes in Florida anymore. I have no idea about the car insurance there thru State Farm, but my loyalty to a company only goes so far when my pocketbook is so adversely affected!

Old 07-15-2015, 02:09 PM

125 posts, read 462,283 times
I was in the same situation as you guys and tried going with StateFarm but they quoted me 2k for a 4000 sq ft home. My agent then recommended Jennifer Ricardo who represents AllState out in Lake Mary and she got me a quote for about 1050. She was pleasant to deal with and was super helpful understanding the different coverage options. We are waiting for our house to be built and should be moving by end of September.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:10 PM

35,649 posts, read 21,018,276 times
go to that "challenge my ins" you see on TV-- works out very well

Old 07-16-2015, 11:02 AM

thanks...agree with you... finding quotes from several co. and state farm quote more than double than others..

difficult thing is to find a good company not only reasonable price , more important is good service when claim.... from soooooo many insurance agent.

and what items necessary in orlando home insurance should be covered..

i use geico on the car

Old 07-16-2015, 11:16 AM

thanks... will check allstate

Old 07-17-2015, 02:03 PM

Most insurance companies you research will have negative reviews online because the fact is most people who have good experiences don't usually write about it online or if you read a positive review you question whether it's real whereas most who have had bad experiences post them online as a form of retaliation and to spread the negative news.

I'm in NY now and have StateFarm for both home and auto and like you before thought that I would get a nice price for home insurance in Florida, but I was wrong lol. I'm waiting for our house to be finished in Florida and will then cancel my policies and jump on over to AllState, so I don't have lapse of coverage. One thing I forgot to point out is that although we went through Allstate our auto insurance is covered through them, but the home through a company called St. Johns that is affiliated with Allstate. I still get the multi policy discounts this way. According to the agent the reason is that AllState only writes so many policies for any specific area, so they use affiliates when they can't offer home insurance directly through AllState. Prior to calling Jennifer, the cheapest quote I got from the other companies was 1700. Hope that helps.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:24 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,008,510 times
Cheapest is not best, particularly when buying insurance.

Look at their claims history, particularly when there is a disaster.

How are they rated by JD Powers?

Old 07-19-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Cheapest is not best, particularly when buying insurance.

Look at their claims history, particularly when there is a disaster.

How are they rated by JD Powers?
I agree with this. Besides BBB ratings what other resources would you recommend one check in regards to reviewing a home insurance company?

Old 07-19-2015, 01:31 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,008,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmartinez76 View Post
I agree with this. Besides BBB ratings what other resources would you recommend one check in regards to reviewing a home insurance company?
BBb is not the place to check on homeowners insurance. Look at AM Best and JD Powers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando