Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2015, 07:33 AM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
I would say bail them out if it would stop them all from coming to Florida. But PR will just do this again in a few more years. And the US will have the same problem again.

I'd still like to know what that 72 billion dollars was spent on.
the main export now from PR is drugs... now "who smoking all them drugs"? hmmm BIG $$$$

Old 07-17-2015, 07:44 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,396,511 times
You can't blame everything on the 1%, trump.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIEng View Post
Just what we need. An entire thread dedicated to spread hate about Puerto Ricans. You know I would gladly exchange those Puerto Ricans that are entering Florida with the trailer trash SSI crowd we have here in Michigan, hopefuly they will take their meth and heroin with them but that would be ok with you because at least they are white.
So you say this thread is based in hate, but it's okay for you to label people as white trash?

Old 07-17-2015, 10:41 AM

339 posts, read 975,518 times
Quote:
So you say this thread is based in hate, but it's okay for you to label people as white trash?
What offended? I'm doing the same thing you are doing, judging an entire race on a small group of undesirables. Ridiculous isn't?

Old 07-17-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
What offended? I'm doing the same thing you are doing, judging an entire race on a small group of undesirables. Ridiculous isn't?
Not offended...but you clearly meant what you said in your post, you didn't say it to prove a point...

"judging an entire race on a small group of undesirables."

It's actually a very big group of riff raff.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:37 AM

339 posts, read 975,518 times
Quote:
Not offended...but you clearly meant what you said in your post, you didn't say it to prove a point...

"judging an entire race on a small group of undesirables."

It's actually a very big group of riff raff.

I said it to prove a point. I'm Puerto Rican myself and just like you (I bet) I like to be seen as an individual not as a collective or group. I'm brown and a female so I'm sure if you see me on the mall or in the grocery store you will think I'm just more riff raff, just because I'm brown and I like to speak Spanish to my kids (so that they grow up bilingual, recommended by our pediatrician).

Don't worry I'm not moving to Florida, I'm good here in Michigan. Engineers here get paid really well and this is the best place in the country for the kind of work that I do.

Good luck on your Puerto Rican invasion.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
I said it to prove a point. I'm Puerto Rican myself and just like you (I bet) I like to be seen as an individual not as a collective or group. I'm brown and a female so I'm sure if you see me on the mall or in the grocery store you will think I'm just more riff raff, just because I'm brown and I like to speak Spanish to my kids (so that they grow up bilingual, recommended by our pediatrician).

Don't worry I'm not moving to Florida, I'm good here in Michigan. Engineers here get paid really well and this is the best place in the country for the kind of work that I do.

Good luck on your Puerto Rican invasion.
Maybe if your people didn't always pile into one area and start waving flags and causing neighborhoods to go down the toilet you would get more respect. Nothing personal, but there a reason that PRs have a negative image.

And I've heard other Hispanics from different countries slam the PR and their behavior, so it ain't racism.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:51 AM

601 posts, read 459,611 times
Quote:
I too prefer them to the trailer trash, rebel flag waving crowd.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:57 AM

218 posts, read 342,193 times
Quote:
My girlfriend and I just got back from a vacation in San Juan, and we think it's just great down there!

But Puerto Rico is having some problems lately, you may have seen in the news, and many, many more are leaving, and soon!

My question is, do you think they should all move to the Orlando area? Can Orlando area handle an extra 500,000-1,000,000 people over the next few years, and are there good jobs available for all of them? Or would it be better for these migrants to fan out to different parts of Florida, or different parts of the US?

This is ridiculous and uninformed. If u think all Puerto Ricans are moving to Orlando, something is wrong with u.

Yes there is a second mass migration wave of Puerto Ricans moving to the mainland since 2005 and has only accelerated since then.(the first one was in the 40s/50s to NY & the northeast)

Lets do the math.
Florida is the main spot, about 40-50% of them going to Florida. With the rest going to the rest of the country, mainly Pennsylvania, NY, NJ, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Maryland in the northeast, Virginia, NC, and Georgia in the South atlantic region, and other states like Ohio, Illinois, Texas, and California.
Of the ones going to Florida, about two-thirds going to the Orlando area and the remaining one-third going to the rest of Florida, especially Tampa, Miami, and Jacksonville.
So basically, thats only over 25% of Puerto Ricans leaving PR going to the Orlando area.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydominican View Post
This is ridiculous and uninformed. If u think all Puerto Ricans are moving to Orlando, something is wrong with u.

Yes there is a second mass migration wave of Puerto Ricans moving to the mainland since 2005 and has only accelerated since then.(the first one was in the 40s/50s to NY & the northeast)

Lets do the math.
Florida is the main spot, about 40-50% of them going to Florida. With the rest going to the rest of the country, mainly Pennsylvania, NY, NJ, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Maryland in the northeast, Virginia, NC, and Georgia in the South atlantic region, and other states like Ohio, Illinois, Texas, and California.
Of the ones going to Florida, about two-thirds going to the Orlando area and the remaining one-third going to the rest of Florida, especially Tampa, Miami, and Jacksonville.
So basically, thats only over 25% of Puerto Ricans leaving PR going to the Orlando area.
You are forgetting that this time Puerto Rico is going down hard. and not going to recover. It's a financial black hole. It's just going to get worse.

They are not going to become a state. They have never been able to make a good decision about anything to do with their island, and congress would be crazy to allow it now that they owe 72 billion.

One the biggest mistakes the US ever made was taking that place as a possession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando