Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 11:24 AM

7 posts, read 5,887 times

Advertisements

hi, if any friend ever use solar energy to lower your electricity cost ... and how is your experience ?

i believe solar energy should replace most elec power in orlando florida as a green energy,

the problem is how to choose the solar co. and their programme,

how to judge their quote...

they say how many percent of cost saved.... but would not guranteed ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 10:06 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,856,133 times
I installed a 5kw system last August. to date it has generated 6.1 megawatt hours. It makes significant reduction in my bill. There are many things to also do prior to the solar. Install LED lighting, it is even more efficient than cfl and lasts longer. insulate the home, replaced outdated appliances, If you are in the OUC area you can get a GeoSpring water heater which will reduce your water electric bill by 75%, and OUC will give you a $600 credit. They cost about $1000 so the difference is made up in the first year.

Duke has offered credits for installing systems the total cost of my system was $20,000 of which I paid $10k and Duke paid the balance. this year they had no funds for this program. You also get tax credits for the feds but only through 2016 so far. I used Central Florida Solar, Inc.
The Renewable Energy Experts
Office Phone: (407) 767-6527[IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG](407) 767-6527

980 Sunshine Lane, Suite R
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714

They did an exceptional job with the installation, wires are tight and clean, they used an Enphase system which makes each panel report its production so I always know when there is an issue (there haven't been any).

If you have questions feel free to give me a shout, I have pictures of the array and its installation. If you call Central FL, ask for Bill Park, the owner and let him know you heard about him from me. He is very good at what he does and is a pleasure to work with. I had contacted 3 companies in my research and one folded.

I am glad I installed the system, I would like to add a couple verticle axis wind generators to add some more production when it is cloudy. Elon Musk (Tesla) has developed a battery for energy storage that is revolutionary in the industry. UCF also has a great resource facility towards Merrit Island. Yes, I really did do my homework.

Call
Send SMS
Call from mobile
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Old 07-20-2015, 11:59 AM

7 posts, read 5,887 times
thank you !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando