Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2015, 01:40 PM

17,145 posts, read 15,350,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
One thing you are missing is that tattoo removal is the single most requested cosmetic surgery. After people realize how stupid they were in their drunken spring break visit to a tattoo parlor and how it is limiting their employment potential.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 01:52 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,035,253 times
yes it is true but as I said- the CEO of today will retire tomorrow- and maybe over board tattoos still won't be accepted- some tats and blue hair will with the next generation - just like weed!

Old 08-01-2015, 02:00 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
yes it is true but as I said- the CEO of today will retire tomorrow- and maybe over board tattoos still won't be accepted- some tats and blue hair will with the next generation - just like weed!
You assume that everyone who is graduating college is covered in tattoos. The fact is that the majority aren't, and the majority who aren't are the ones who will get the jobs and rise through the ranks and be running the companies in 30 years while the freaks with facial tatts and blue hair will still be asking if you want fries with your burger.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:04 PM

no they are not -but they definitely not as closed minded -I saw my nephew graduate from Carnegie Mellon. and his buds went to China/ Cisco etc etc... but trust me- not so straight laced-

Old 08-01-2015, 02:24 PM

146 posts, read 220,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You assume that everyone who is graduating college is covered in tattoos. The fact is that the majority aren't, and the majority who aren't are the ones who will get the jobs and rise through the ranks and be running the companies in 30 years while the freaks with facial tatts and blue hair will still be asking if you want fries with your burger.
I doubt that highly. Let's face it, that kind of attitude about tattoos or any sort of non conventional "look" is dying out slowly but surely with each generation. And thank god for it. It shouldn't matter how anyone decides to look. "Professionalism" I'd say involves an attitude, a conduct, good sense of hygiene, and reasonable intellect. Shouldn't involve the way you choose to style yourself or whether or not you have body art. I mean really, how antiquated.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:31 PM

17,145 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCOWPB View Post
I doubt that highly. Let's face it, that kind of attitude about tattoos or any sort of non conventional "look" is dying out slowly but surely with each generation. And thank god for it. It shouldn't matter how anyone decides to look. "Professionalism" I'd say involves an attitude, a conduct, good sense of hygiene, and reasonable intellect. Shouldn't involve the way you choose to style yourself or whether or not you have body art. I mean really, how antiquated.
I'm only 29, so I'm of the "new generation."
Even we know and understand that a lack of professional attire will not get you far.
Tattoos are fine, as long as they are subtle, non-offensive, and can be covered with regular clothing.
Yes, I am still expected to wear a jacket and tie when I go to county and/or city meetings.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCOWPB View Post
As I said earlier, I don't care if someone has a tattoo that they can hide under conventional business attire. but when they decide to tattoo their face, I believe that 99% of the public questions their common sense at best, sanity at worst, and does not want to transact business with a person whose judgement they question.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:51 PM

quote quote from college kids
Hi, I am a 19 year-old college student in the process of forming my worldview..
The first and foremost observation I've made is that my generation seems to be extremely liberal. I'd say about 3/4 students I meet at my college and others I've visited have a very liberal mentality. The 'true' conservatives I've met seem to be a certain type of person with certain traits. These traits include being very reserved, touchy/defensive, intolerant, and even a little social 'off'
Conservatives are living in their own world these days. They are stuck on their old school values and ways and refuse to progress with the rest of us. This show with conservative politicians and citizens. What;s funny is that most of them preach one thing then turn around and practice something else.

and 10 yrs specially the last ten years BIG difference, soon you will have to deal with the next set of changes

Old 08-01-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
quote quote from college kids
Hi, I am a 19 year-old college student in the process of forming my worldview..
The first and foremost observation I've made is that my generation seems to be extremely liberal. I'd say about 3/4 students I meet at my college and others I've visited have a very liberal mentality. The 'true' conservatives I've met seem to be a certain type of person with certain traits. These traits include being very reserved, touchy/defensive, intolerant, and even a little social 'off'
Conservatives are living in their own world these days. They are stuck on their old school values and ways and refuse to progress with the rest of us. This show with conservative politicians and citizens. What;s funny is that most of them preach one thing then turn around and practice something else.

and 10 yrs specially the last ten years BIG difference, soon you will have to deal with the next set of changes
Learn how to properly cite the things you quote or don't bother doing so.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:35 PM

yessa mastah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando