Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 04:57 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Deejay. Best of luck to you and the job. Car's all packed, I'm almost ready to go. Tomorrow will be a dag of goodbyes and Thursday trying to sleep before I leave. At least I will be taking the 95 detour in daylight. Have to be thankful for little things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 06:19 PM

156 posts, read 220,316 times
Perfect. They have taste of altamonte this Monday 10/12. U will probably be down here. There's deal that u can search online for 1/2 price which is 15 bucks. Safe trip

Old 10-06-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridamove View Post
Perfect. They have taste of altamonte this Monday 10/12. U will probably be down here. There's deal that u can search online for 1/2 price which is 15 bucks. Safe trip
Thanks, floridamove. Yep, the 12th is the day I get my keys to my apt! When I get past NY, Joisey, Baltimore, DC, piece of cake!

Old 10-07-2015, 07:54 AM

36 hours!!!!

Old 10-07-2015, 08:33 PM

How does one watch tv when they are packed in the car?? Answer...you don't! Never thought about THAT! Can't watch on the internet either. This place has the slowest one available and management won't let Verizon upgrade.

24-26 hours! Yahooie!!

Old 10-07-2015, 10:35 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I did! With my little one! (He's a seafood lover and my sushi partner)
It was pretty good. You'll like it
So glad to hear this, Arcenal352! I love the place, and you can really tell everything is fresh.

In nice weather the patio is great. They do tend to get crowded with fairly long waits after about 5:30 or so on weekends, though.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:24 AM

I am definitely going to have my gf go with me to go have some fish there. She bemoans not having good fish in almost 7 years except when she comes back to Plymouth.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:28 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
If it's fish you want than I think the best fish can be found at the fish houses on the coast. Most of them are nothing fancy, just a little shack tucked somewhere on the intercoastal or ocean, but I like them because they tend to focus on fresh caught local species. I know coldwater fish is a little different than some of our warm water or Caribbean species but trust once your try a mangrove snapper or snook....ohhhh myyyy gawwwdd. I would reccomend DJ's Deck out in Port Orange. No frills, just good fish and seafood.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:24 AM

Here I am in warm, sunny Altamonte Springs, Florida!! I am sitting in my lanai watching ducks, cranes, fish, squirrels and geckos. The squirrels and geckos are right on my screen, up in my face! It was 75° when I got here this morning but I am sure it has gotten hotter this past hour. Supposed to be 88° today.

Guess what I am directly looking at from my lanai??? That "shameful" building!! I couldn't find the post with the pic of it, it has been too many days since I have been here.

This is living!! I can not convey the happiness I feel inside enough! I am waiting on my furniture to be delivered. My complex is awesome! I didn't just rent an apartment, I joined a community! We have our own website to pay our bills, request maintenance, our own version of craigslist!

Last night was Taco Tuesday! Management puts on a spread every once in a while, catered by a local business. Last night it was MOE's. Just delicious. My first time having tacos, salsa, etc. Yummy.

I can not recommend this place enough. My lanai faces West so I get to watch the beautiful Florida sunsets and my place doesn't heat up until late afternoon. I even have my tv in the bedroom set up so I can turn it and watch from the lanai if I want!

I AM ONE HAPPY CAMPER!!

Old 10-14-2015, 08:43 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Here I am in warm, sunny Altamonte Springs, Florida!! I am sitting in my lanai watching ducks, cranes, fish, squirrels and geckos. The squirrels and geckos are right on my screen, up in my face! It was 75° when I got here this morning but I am sure it has gotten hotter this past hour. Supposed to be 88° today.

Guess what I am directly looking at from my lanai??? That "shameful" building!! I couldn't find the post with the pic of it, it has been too many days since I have been here.

This is living!! I can not convey the happiness I feel inside enough! I am waiting on my furniture to be delivered. My complex is awesome! I didn't just rent an apartment, I joined a community! We have our own website to pay our bills, request maintenance, our own version of craigslist!

Last night was Taco Tuesday! Management puts on a spread every once in a while, catered by a local business. Last night it was MOE's. Just delicious. My first time having tacos, salsa, etc. Yummy.

I can not recommend this place enough. My lanai faces West so I get to watch the beautiful Florida sunsets and my place doesn't heat up until late afternoon. I even have my tv in the bedroom set up so I can turn it and watch from the lanai if I want!

I AM ONE HAPPY CAMPER!!
There's a nice little Greek place in the plaza right before the Crane's Roost entrance on the right. I forget the name of it, but check it out. Needless to say, you live in one of my favorite locations. You have everything there, it's scenic, and easily accessible. Good choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando