Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 08:55 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
There's a nice little Greek place in the plaza right before the Crane's Roost entrance on the right. I forget the name of it, but check it out. Needless to say, you live in one of my favorite locations. You have everything there, it's scenic, and easily accessible. Good choice!
Thank you, Arcenal. Everybody says the same thing. All the Floridians I have talked to at least. Oh my, a turtle just breached the lake in front of my lanai! How cool is that?? It's a big sucker! Yesterday I thought it was an alligator!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 09:25 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Make sure you go take a stroll around Crane's Roost Park when you get the chance. I was there last week running and unfortunately they're renovating the north side of the park but the rest of the park is still accessible. It's a great place to people watch and get a sense for the community. When I'm there I always see other runners, fitness classes, families just taking evening strolls, kids at the fountain, lovers at the amphitheater...its just a nice vibe.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:06 AM

100 posts, read 163,100 times
Hey Tami! Glad it you made safe and sound to Orlando. You are so lucky! I had a chance to drive around Crane's Roost when I stayed at the Hawthorne Suites several years ago during my research trip. Funny enough Crane's Rooster mentioned this to me prior to my trip and I had no idea Crane's Roost was right in front of me. It is a gorgeous area and I felt safe. I love how its very clean and looks new. What apartment community are you living in? Is it gated? I did apply to a job in Altamonte and should I get it, it would be good to know of safe and clean areas to look into and those to avoid.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:13 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,928,927 times
Greetings tami! So happy to hear of your safe arrival. Best of life to you!

Old 10-14-2015, 12:15 PM

I will be checking out Crane's Roost asap, Crane's. Too much to do at the moment. I do look over at it though.

DeeJay, I live at Altimara Place Apartment Homes off of E Central Parkway. Oodles of complexes here.Yes, mine is a locked, gated community. I feel pretty darned safe. Can't even get into the pool or gym, etc. without your keyboard. Very secure indeed.

I'm still out on the lanai with nice shade. Sun will not be blasting in for at least another hour, I think. Walking over to the office, nice shade and sunny spots. Just enough to give me a little color but enough shade to cool men off too. This is an ideal place. I'm telling ya, I am now checking out the places I looked into online, I really did make a wonderful choice. No doubt about it.

Hi, geebabe! Thank you so much! I wish everyone could experience this wonderful sense of peace I am feeling. I may be on the final lap of life but this is sure the best way to travel!!

Old 10-14-2015, 12:41 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,581 times
Well, unless there is a guard (person) there 24 hrs a day, anyone can get into a gated community. Someone was just murdered at one, near Kirkman road, by someone who followed another car in while gate was open.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:42 PM

536 posts, read 852,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
Well, unless there is a guard (person) there 24 hrs a day, anyone can get into a gated community. Someone was just murdered at one, near Kirkman road, by someone who followed another car in while gate was open.
I'm thinkin' there's only one thing that can protect our Joey, when he ventures out into that mean old world:

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce0...7a1b9e4.v1.jpg

You can never be too safe!

Old 10-14-2015, 03:54 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,928,927 times
Good one, Harry.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:19 AM

87 posts, read 103,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerHarry View Post
I'm thinkin' there's only one thing that can protect our Joey, when he ventures out into that mean old world:

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce0...7a1b9e4.v1.jpg

You can never be too safe!

Funny

Old 10-26-2015, 08:04 AM

13 days into living in Fl on my own now. Love it except for the traffic!!! OMG....Altamonte Springs has the very worst traffic I have ever seen on a daily/nightly 24/7 basis in my life!! OMG, where do these people come from? Where are they all headed to????

I have been finding other places to check out stores like in Cassleberry. Haven't physically gone there yet but got directions on how to get there when needed. Only place that is easy for me is Publix and my new bank. At the end of Palm Springs Drive. Oh, and the mall across the street. Tried to find Altamonte Springs Wal-Mart, didn't....twice!!! So will try Cassleberry. LOL, had Bright house MAIL me a new remote so I didn't have to go find the brick and mortar store. I know it is very close but don't want to fight that traffic. I have almost caused SO MANY friggin accidents because I am trying to find my way. *sigh* Sorry fellow Floridians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando