Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 03:42 AM

3 posts, read 2,429 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
i am italian resident and i am looking to make my 1st investment in the USA.
I am interested to buy a property to rent and my budget is around 100 K.
After a quick search i realized that Orlando area is one of the best place to invest in Florida.
My question are:
Is really Orlando Area good for real estate investments or there is others better areas in Florida?
What is the best area to invest in Orlando? I mean an area that is safe, easy to rent and easy to resell in some years. I am interested in a medium/long term investment.
Thanks a lot in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 07:19 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
$100K will get you a crappy place which will bring crappy tenants which will end up costing you a lot of money. You missed the bottom of the market. No way I'd put $100K into real estate in this area unless you want to be a slum lord. Unless you buy a fixer upper and are willing to put another $20K and your own sweat equity into it, this is simply a losing proposition.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:26 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
OMG. Sigh. Why FL, is it like a fad for ppl out of country to invest in FL? There are 49 other states you know?

Try a more stable state in the Southeast where prices dont drop like a lead ballon. Besides 100k will get you a dump. Have you ever been to FL? Watch, another bubble bursting soon. Bound to happen.

Sorry not trying to be mean but this is just getting ridiculous.

Old 09-06-2015, 10:50 AM

24,405 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
OMG. Sigh. Why FL, is it like a fad for ppl out of country to invest in FL? There are 49 other states you know?

Try a more stable state in the Southeast where prices dont drop like a lead ballon. Besides 100k will get you a dump. Have you ever been to FL? Watch, another bubble bursting soon. Bound to happen.

Sorry not trying to be mean but this is just getting ridiculous.
If you would venture off your front yard, you'd know it's not just happening in Florida, the housing market has always gone through booms and busts along with the economy. I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand

OP don't mind StreetSmarts, I think he blames immigrants for all his financial problems.

Old 09-06-2015, 10:53 AM

24,405 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonello View Post
Hello everyone,
After a quick search i realized that Orlando area is one of the best place to invest in Florida.
My question are:
Is really Orlando Area good for real estate investments or there is others better areas in Florida?
What is the best area to invest in Orlando? I mean an area that is safe, easy to rent and easy to resell in some years. I am interested in a medium/long term investment.
Thanks a lot in advance
You're a bit late to the party in my opinion. While, there could definitely be more upside to the housing market, we are closer to the top than the bottom. $100k isn't going to get you much at all and the type of tenants you will receive are the ones most people don't want to deal with (cheaper properties tend to attract less desirable people that are more likely to not pay rent or trash the property).

Unless you plan on living in the house, I would wait until the next housing bubble because it will happen eventually.

Old 09-06-2015, 10:55 AM

422 posts, read 412,412 times
As stated in another thread, once foreign money runs out we are headed for a pop again in the fl housing bubble...

Old 09-06-2015, 11:09 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonello View Post
Hello everyone,
My question are:
Thanks a lot in advance
You should have posted this 4-5 years ago. You're in the wrong part of the housing cycle. Wait until the next recession/pullback in housing prices

Old 09-06-2015, 11:28 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
As stated in another thread, once foreign money runs out we are headed for a pop again in the fl housing bubble...
I'm not so sure about that.

Consider a few things:

1. The job market continues to improve. People will have the money--and the confidence to buy homes.

2. There has been significant growth with the creation of well paying jobs in STEM careers in this area.

3. People who lost homes back in 2009-2011 and who have repaired their credit will be eligible to buy again within the next 1-3 years.

4. The stock market is doing reasonably well and Baby Boomers who have been putting off retirement until their 401k to recover any losses will now go ahead and retire. This will benefit the Central Florida housing market in two ways.

First, there will be an influx of retirees from the north moving to the area and buying homes. (I personally know of three couples who have done so in the past six months)

Second, as those workers from this group who are local retire, it will open mid and upper level positions which will allow people who have been stagnate in job advancement to move up, and open new entry level positions to new applicants, particularly the under employed and new grads. That will allow many to now have the ability to buy homes.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If you would venture off your front yard, you'd know it's not just happening in Florida, the housing market has always gone through booms and busts along with the economy. I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand

OP don't mind StreetSmarts, I think he blames immigrants for all his financial problems.

Not to the magnitude of FL. Surely you know some places do better than others, and FL does not hold up well. Also, no state gets as many foreign investors who buy homes, so that means two things: tons of renters and vacancies and also when those foreign investors stop buying, the FL market will see a big decrease in sales. Prices will drop, if they drop to historic lows like the dive it took in 2007-2009, it'll be bad for everyone, all over again.

I dont have any financial problems

Old 09-06-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post

That was me, I said it.

Watch for it.

Put it this way, I'm not gonna buy a house in the next 2-3 yrs, I'm gonna wait... maybe not even buy in FL period. Dont want to be held down here again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando