Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2015, 07:27 PM

47 posts, read 132,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
This is from your very first post in this thread:

"We vacation in Orlando every year and we've always wanted to live there"

"My kids are getting older and I always wanted to raise my kids in Orlando near the pools and themeparks and nice weather"

Nice try but the gig is up.
I said we vacation there every year. I didnt say where we went or how much money was spent because i KNEW people would get mad. If I wanted to rile the forum up I would've went into detail and said disney , cruises etc. I knew to not go into detail ! So what gig am i giving up ? It was another poster that said Disney. I never said Disney until it was mentioned. For all you knew we could've been vacationing cheaply at rhe fun spot or some other cheap carnival crap down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 07:28 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Her SSI and Section 8 absolutely are portable, and will follow her.

You're looking at the situation as if she has no interest in making the jump to get out of poverty. If that were the case, believe me, she'd never leave NYC- as she may not.

She's taking this interest, not to chase vacations eternally- but to have some kind of a dream to leave the slums of NYCHA.

Annerk said it best on here, she has significant problems that are going to follow her wherever she goes.
However, she is in no great condition to stay put- nor a great one to move to Orlando.

But- moving from abject poverty in NYC up to a better lifestyle is basically never going to happen.
Here, with the right attitude and work ethic- it could.

If you bother to check the OP has another thread where she states she doesn't want to work because she wants to spend time with her children. Well guess what? Plenty of single moms would love do that as well, but they go to work because they have to.

The OP would also need a car in FL, and a reliable one, so another expense.

Someone who says they don't want to work doesn't have a good work ethic IMO.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
You should use the energy you use to scam the system to educate yourself into a job. However, I'm sure you are a troll, so congrats in getting the forum revved up.
I love how this board rules say no personal attacks but that's all ive been getting.Roll your eyes all the way to the back of your head until you go blind because you cant read! How am I scamming the system? Please tell me i'd like to know because i'd go down and report myself for fraud ! Everything that we get from the system we are entitled to because we ualify for those programs . My kids are disabled so we get ssi, we lived two years in a shelter until we got section 8 housing, our income allows us to have food stamps and medicaid. We use and spend the food stamps on food. Where is the scamming? Where is the abuse? After the bills are paid I tuck away some money to take my kids on vacation. Does it suck that people work and cant afford vacation but I can ? Yes it does. That's not my fault though. Im doing what Im supposed to be doing. Taking care of my kids . It's not easy for me. I have the worst depression . You people dont understand you just judge. My therapist told me not to feel bad for using benefits my only concern should be my kids not where I get my money . As long as im not abusing or neglecting my kids than I shouldn't feel bad . We all have our struggles in life. My anxiety and depression prevents me from working...add on having two disabled kids with no reliable childcare or support...than you end up screwed if you're not mentally strong enough to handle it all. Atleast Im admitting im not strong enough and my faults. I feel awful that i can't move my kids out of nycha housing without govt assistance. Way to kick someone when they're already down.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
If you bother to check the OP has another thread where she states she doesn't want to work because she wants to spend time with her children. Well guess what? Plenty of single moms would love do that as well, but they go to work because they have to.

The OP would also need a car in FL, and a reliable one, so another expense.

Someone who says they don't want to work doesn't have a good work ethic IMO.
It's not that I don't want to work . I tell my therapist at every session how I feel like a loser because im 30 and not working and my work history is beyond pathetic. I FEEL BAD. I dont have the energy or motivation to work . It's not there. I told her how lazy I felt and she told me it's not laziness it's depression . I cant tell you how i literally lay there feeling comatose unable to move or even get out of bed. My depression started right after I had my kids and they were diagnosed. I just lost everything. Before I had kids I had a job and I worked everyday . I walked three miles to my job everyday ,stood on my feet all day and went home . I never felt tired or lazy . After I had my kids everything went downhill. Im upset my kids wont get married or have careers . That kills me.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:09 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,508,237 times
The responses you've received shouldn't surprise you. You asked if moving to Orlando would be good for you and your children. Most posters gave their honest assessment: no. You will not find the quality of education that your kids are receiving now. Orlando and theme parks and balmy weather do not cure depression or anxiety.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:13 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,396,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justlikecandee View Post
It's not that I don't want to work . I tell my therapist at every session how I feel like a loser because im 30 and not working and my work history is beyond pathetic. I FEEL BAD. I dont have the energy or motivation to work . It's not there. I told her how lazy I felt and she told me it's not laziness it's depression . I cant tell you how i literally lay there feeling comatose unable to move or even get out of bed. My depression started right after I had my kids and they were diagnosed. I just lost everything. Before I had kids I had a job and I worked everyday . I walked three miles to my job everyday ,stood on my feet all day and went home . I never felt tired or lazy . After I had my kids everything went downhill. Im upset my kids wont get married or have careers . That kills me.
You've had a hard time. But maybe you should have thought about giving those kids up for adoption if you couldn't handle it.

Whatever you do, whether you move here or not, just make sure you do not get knocked up again.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:18 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
You've had a hard time. But maybe you should have thought about giving those kids up for adoption if you couldn't handle it.

Whatever you do, whether you move here or not, just make sure you do not get knocked up again.
With advice like that I'm amazed you are even in a relationship.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:23 PM

12,840 posts, read 866,458 times
Quote:
If you are so depressed than why are you continuing with this thread you started? It is very depressing. What does your therapist think of that?

You got the answers and advice you came looking for quite a few pages ago.
Enough already!

I think you should ask the moderator to close this thread.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:43 PM

12,840 posts, read 866,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post

I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
With advice like that I'm amazed you are even in a relationship.

Sorry Bob, but I don't see anything wrong with Joey's second piece of advice. But I am not all PC just for the sake of it.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:12 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
I love how this board rules say no personal attacks but that's all ive been getting.Roll your eyes all the way to the back of your head until you go blind because you cant read! How am I scamming the system? Please tell me i'd like to know because i'd go down and report myself for fraud ! Everything that we get from the system we are entitled to because we ualify for those programs . My kids are disabled so we get ssi, we lived two years in a shelter until we got section 8 housing, our income allows us to have food stamps and medicaid. We use and spend the food stamps on food. Where is the scamming? Where is the abuse? After the bills are paid I tuck away some money to take my kids on vacation. Does it suck that people work and cant afford vacation but I can ? Yes it does. That's not my fault though. Im doing what Im supposed to be doing. Taking care of my kids . It's not easy for me. I have the worst depression . You people dont understand you just judge. My therapist told me not to feel bad for using benefits my only concern should be my kids not where I get my money . As long as im not abusing or neglecting my kids than I shouldn't feel bad . We all have our struggles in life. My anxiety and depression prevents me from working...add on having two disabled kids with no reliable childcare or support...than you end up screwed if you're not mentally strong enough to handle it all. Atleast Im admitting im not strong enough and my faults. I feel awful that i can't move my kids out of nycha housing without govt assistance. Way to kick someone when they're already down.
So when you don't have reliable childcare, how do you plan on taking classes or working? But yet you call potential employers judgemental? Am I the only one who sees the irony?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando