Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 04:28 PM

47 posts, read 132,204 times

Advertisements

Update..

Ive decided to stay put in nyc. It's not exactly smart to move out of nyc. I wouldn't be able to come back...and I sorta like it here...well im dealing with it . My kids are in okay schools here...they get alot of services....my rent is only $435 a month with all utitilies. ..my 2 bedroom is very large...maintenance is never a problem...I think im staying put in nyc.

We will continue to vacation in orlando. In the meantime I signed up for college and I start in January. I am hopeful that it will help my depression. I want to be a social worker. Im going to try to get my driver's license. .

The opinions in this thread helped make my decision ...the fact that Florida's education system is **** ...and housing is bad etc.

Im nust going to stay here and make do with what we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 09:37 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,074,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justlikecandee View Post
Update..

Ive decided to stay put in nyc. It's not exactly smart to move out of nyc. I wouldn't be able to come back...and I sorta like it here...well im dealing with it . My kids are in okay schools here...they get alot of services....my rent is only $435 a month with all utitilies. ..my 2 bedroom is very large...maintenance is never a problem...I think im staying put in nyc.

We will continue to vacation in orlando. In the meantime I signed up for college and I start in January. I am hopeful that it will help my depression. I want to be a social worker. Im going to try to get my driver's license. .

The opinions in this thread helped make my decision ...the fact that Florida's education system is **** ...and housing is bad etc.

Housing is not bad, and making any assumption the NYCDOE is by any means a functional system is quite absurd.

Not to stir the pot, but the reason you'll stay in NYC is because you're heavily, heavily, heavily subsidized.
You cost the city and state- tens of thousands of dollars a year. That's something you'll never see on as grand a scale here.

It's depressing for even me to think about, but even with a degree and a modest job in social work, you still wont have the fiscal resources to pull yourself out of poverty in New York City.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:40 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Update..

Yup. Please stay up there. N.Y.will give you all the handouts you need. FL is luckily not a place for handouts the way ca, ny, nj etc are

Old 11-16-2015, 10:50 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Update..

In order for one to vacation somewhere that means they're working, when they're of working age.

Amazing, working people can't go on vacations that require getting on a plane. Many have to do "staycations" where they BBQ in the backyard.

I thought we went through this, it is very insulting to working people when someone who is subsidized like you are to be taking vacations. At least don't post about it.

Your "vacations" should be day trips to Coney Island or the Jersey Shore, not Orlando.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:42 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
What would they do with all the extra cash on hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
In order for one to vacation somewhere that means they're working, when they're of working age.

Amazing, working people can't go on vacations that require getting on a plane. Many have to do "staycations" where they BBQ in the backyard.

I thought we went through this, it is very insulting to working people when someone who is subsidized like you are to be taking vacations. At least don't post about it.

Your "vacations" should be day trips to Coney Island or the Jersey Shore, not Orlando.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:29 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Donate it to the regional food bank.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:48 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Fly to San Juan and party for a week?

Old 11-22-2015, 02:08 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,418,802 times
Hmm I'm developing a scheme to move to the Hamptons with all this info.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:27 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Hmm I'm developing a scheme to move to the Hamptons with all this info.
LOL let us know how it works out.

Old 01-07-2016, 03:05 PM

24,399 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Update..

Good choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando