Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2008, 10:03 PM

5 posts, read 33,965 times

Advertisements

i am currently living in iowa. i will be moving to FL within the next 2 years. i am trying to find a safe friendly neighborhood in the kissimmee area. i have a 6 yr old 2 yr old and am planning on having another baby before we move so schools are pretty important deciding factor. i am transferring my job at perkins restaurant to one in FL and my husband @ olive garden. we dont want to be more than a few miles away from our jobs since i have heard that traffic is pretty bad near orlando. we only want to rent a home here not planning on buying for awhile. we were looking at the 3-4 bedrooms. there are plenty for around 1000 a month to rent. but now i am just trying to decide where to go. we dont want to be in a really busy big city but more in the suburbs and close to shopping. i read that this area floods also. is that true? please help with any information. i would really appreciate it. already made the mistake of moving to iowa from michigan and found it to be so small and very boring. this is truly a college town. not for families with children. help. i need to get out of here but need to be absolutely sure of everything. thanks.
rosalie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 05:44 AM

70 posts, read 271,473 times
Default Kissimmee Area

Kissimmee in Osceola County is quite large to speak of. It borders so many different towns, so choosing the section of Kissimmee will be to the degree of traveling to and from Your work. If You are Living in Kissimmee, chance are that 99.999% of the time You will use 'Our Beloved' Rt 192 or Vine Street, or Irlo Bronson Parkway (as all the Streets here in Florida have different Names to them, depending what section of Kissimmee You are in) but anyway, if You choose to live in Kissimmee, I would say that the Best area is right now the Kissimmee that borders Saint Cloud. There are many new places poping up for You to live in. It's a given fact that our area of Osceola is the 'New Booming Area' to Live in. Good Luck in finding Your little slice of Florida Heaven. Personally, the closer You get to Disney on Rt. 192, the Crazier it will be for You, so stay closer to the Kissimmee/Saint Cloud border, You will be happier in the long Run.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:56 PM

thank u for replying to my question. one of the locations of our jobs is on irlo bronson mem hwy. the zip code is 34746. is this a good neighborhood??

Old 02-04-2008, 10:24 PM

299 posts, read 1,328,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoodcrest1957 View Post
Kissimmee in Osceola County is quite large to speak of. It borders so many different towns, so choosing the section of Kissimmee will be to the degree of traveling to and from Your work. If You are Living in Kissimmee, chance are that 99.999% of the time You will use 'Our Beloved' Rt 192 or Vine Street, or Irlo Bronson Parkway (as all the Streets here in Florida have different Names to them, depending what section of Kissimmee You are in) but anyway, if You choose to live in Kissimmee, I would say that the Best area is right now the Kissimmee that borders Saint Cloud. There are many new places poping up for You to live in. It's a given fact that our area of Osceola is the 'New Booming Area' to Live in. Good Luck in finding Your little slice of Florida Heaven. Personally, the closer You get to Disney on Rt. 192, the Crazier it will be for You, so stay closer to the Kissimmee/Saint Cloud border, You will be happier in the long Run.
Good suggestion about closer to St. Cloud. I would consider schools so check out St. Cloud versus Kissimmee. I think you will find St. Cloud to be a much better school district & it may be worth moving a few miles further to be in St. Cloud. Good Luck

Old 02-05-2008, 12:43 PM

thank u for your help.
rosalie

Old 02-05-2008, 08:23 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,937,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalie68 View Post
thank u for replying to my question. one of the locations of our jobs is on irlo bronson mem hwy. the zip code is 34746. is this a good neighborhood??

Yes thats a fine area just stay away from the downtown kissimmee area around MLK blvd and any streets off 192 going west from john young parkway alot of the neighborhoods are sketchy.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:00 PM

482 posts, read 2,410,947 times
I live in Remington Subdivision, love the location, all underground utilities, very family friendly, even has 2 schools at the end on the main road, we also have our own guards at night, very safety oriented subdivision.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 5,738 times
where are the haitians in kississmee. I couldn't find not one at downtown kississmee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando