Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 01:31 AM

4 posts, read 13,490 times

Advertisements

i have read this forum about sanford florida but me my mother and my sister (mom is 51, sister 29 i'm 21) are considering moving to sanford florida i have heard lots of great things about it lots of bad things my questions are we are on section 8 (were not ghetto, we all work, and we dont live in a all ghetto neighborhood i hate when people lable us just cause were getting a little assistance) anyways i was seeing if anybody knows the crime rate for logan heights apartments or anywhere near there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 12:50 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,062,405 times
I cannot help you with specifics but on the whole Sanford's crime rate is lower than Orlando and Orange County (but not the lowest in Seminole county, if you want low, Oviedo/Winter Springs are lower)- Logan Heights has a reputation as being a rough area of Sanford too. Sanford looks older than the rest of Orlando's area... because it is, definitely more blue collar. It is an old agriculture city and has some industrial parks and tends to be more "southern" than other parts of Central Florida.

Alot of apartments in Central Florida end up having alot of crime problems. If you could find section 8 houses or condos that isn't an apartment it might be a better deal. I guess it depend totally on the amount of crime you are used to, I'm sure alot of the horror stories on this forum are blown out of proportion but there are rough areas all over Central Florida and they aren't really concentrated into "ghettos" like up in Northern cities.

Last edited by Magnulus; 02-02-2008 at 12:58 PM..

Old 02-03-2008, 05:13 PM

Default moving from lexington ky to sanford florida

thank you so much for the information i appricated it

Old 02-03-2008, 06:28 PM

732 posts, read 4,156,798 times
Logan heights is ghetto. Murder was there 2 weeks ago. I would suggest stonebrook apartments on airport blvd. It is one of the best apartments truly in sanford. Lived here 3 years in these apartments. Lived in Sanford 16 years.

If you can though find some on the edge of sanford and lake mary border near I-4.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:00 PM

wow i had no clue about that what kind of aparments are near i-4 thank you so much for telling me that

Old 08-16-2012, 04:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,468 times
i LIVE IN LOGAN HEIGHTS I GET jumped like once a week cause im white this place is bs it looks nice but its a slump my mom wontlisten till they beat her ass in iguess no dude donte do it

Old 08-16-2012, 06:48 AM

23 posts, read 30,564 times
Use HOTPADS.com, great program if youre looking for rentals anywhare in the US. its like using google maps but with rentals/sales etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando