Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 02:28 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,427,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
So sharia law started right around 1776 ? We were behind the gassing of the Kurds in 1985 ? Decades of Sunni versus Shiite conflict ? You'd be OK with us abandoning Israel and letting all Israelis get slaughtered without Western assistance ? Just watched a Saudi video the other day of a woman beheaded in public with police standing around with their hands in their pockets - must've been something we did.

And if the Muslims hate the West and its way of life, why are 2.7 million Muslims living in the U.K. right now ?
Not sure of the number here, but why here when so many more Muslim countries to choose from ?

Coexistence with folks with barbaric lifestyles is not possible - might have worked in the Middle Ages, but we don't do honor killings here and sharia law has no place in our society.
Islam is a religion of peace how dare you lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 02:40 PM

24,327 posts, read 26,731,198 times
Quote:
So sharia law started right around 1776 ? We were behind the gassing of the Kurds in 1985 ? Decades of Sunni versus Shiite conflict ? You'd be OK with us abandoning Israel and letting all Israelis get slaughtered without Western assistance ? Just watched a Saudi video the other day of a woman beheaded in public with police standing around with their hands in their pockets - must've been something we did.

And if the Muslims hate the West and its way of life, why are 2.7 million Muslims living in the U.K. right now ?
Not sure of the number here, but why here when so many more Muslim countries to choose from ?

Coexistence with folks with barbaric lifestyles is not possible - might have worked in the Middle Ages, but we don't do honor killings here and sharia law has no place in our society.
You see this is the problem. Our media portrays Muslims as terrorists and a religion of hate. Their media portrays the West as war fanatics that want to change their culture and take over their countries. This is why traveling is so crucial for people because those who never experience a different culture tend to swim in ignorance and false information.

The largest Muslim country in the world is Indonesia and it's one of my favorite countries. The people are so friendly there. I have friends from United Arab Emirates and Qatar. I met their families and they are good people. This idea of demonizing 1.6 billion people is ridiculous. The media makes it sound like half of Muslims are suicide bombers that want to destroy the West, when in reality that's nowhere near the truth. Ignorance only helps terrorist organizations.

Just like Christians, most Muslims are good people. They have a different culture from us, but they are still good people. However, using scare tactics to petrify the masses is better for tv ratings and allows politicians to wage war and get elected.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:50 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,427,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
You see this is the problem. Our media portrays Muslims as terrorists and a religion of hate. Their media portrays the West as war fanatics that want to change their culture and take over their countries. This is why traveling is so crucial for people because those who never experience a different culture tend to swim in ignorance and false information.

The largest Muslim country in the world is Indonesia and it's one of my favorite countries. The people are so friendly there. I have friends from United Arab Emirates and Qatar. I met their families and they are good people. This idea of demonizing 1.6 billion people is ridiculous. The media makes it sound like half of Muslims are suicide bombers that want to destroy the West, when in reality that's nowhere near the truth. Ignorance only helps terrorist organizations.

Just like Christians, most Muslims are good people. They have a different culture from us, but they are still good people. However, using scare tactics to petrify the masses is better for tv ratings and allows politicians to wage war and get elected.
I agree with you many of my friends are Muslims who have been a victims of other Muslims. Muslims are their own worst enemy, same for Jews and blacks and Latinos. Sometimes the worst violence is committed by members of the same religion or ethnic group.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:06 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,169,161 times
Quote:

I have traveled - no one is saying that all 1.6 billion Muslims are evil folks being trained to kill us. But I have no issue with suspending Syrian refugee immigration until proper backgrounds checks can be carried out. I have mentioned in the past that I support in person technical testing for all H-1B candidates entering the U.S. to eliminate visa fraud. Immigration laws are in place for a reason, not so someone can get a 'fiance' visa and shoot 14 innocent people dead. How many more are plotting in the U.S. as we speak ? Don't think it's the Mormons ...

And as far as your friends, I'm sure that folks would have said the same about the families of Syed Farook and Mohammed Atta as well prior to the terrorist attacks. You think ISIS is doing Muslims a favor by publishing videos like the pilot being burned alive and men being beheaded. Where is the Muslim outrage condemning such videos ? Why can't non-ISIS Muslims take the lead on destroying ISIS ?

And I will repeat, sharia law has no place in America or anywhere that supports Western values.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:21 PM

24,327 posts, read 26,731,198 times
Quote:
I have traveled - no one is saying that all 1.6 billion Muslims are evil folks being trained to kill us. But I have no issue with suspending Syrian refugee immigration until proper backgrounds checks can be carried out. I have mentioned in the past that I support in person technical testing for all H-1B candidates entering the U.S. to eliminate visa fraud. Immigration laws are in place for a reason, not so someone can get a 'fiance' visa and shoot 14 innocent people dead. How many more are plotting in the U.S. as we speak ? Don't think it's the Mormons ...

And as far as your friends, I'm sure that folks would have said the same about the families of Syed Farook and Mohammed Atta as well prior to the terrorist attacks. You think ISIS is doing Muslims a favor by publishing videos like the pilot being burned alive and men being beheaded. Where is the Muslim outrage condemning such videos ? Why can't non-ISIS Muslims take the lead on destroying ISIS ?

And I will repeat, sharia law has no place in America or anywhere that supports Western values.
Last time I checked we weren't dropping tens of thousands of bombs in Utah. Why aren't the majority of terrorists coming from the largest Muslim country in the world (Indonesia)? Maybe because we haven't been bombing them for decades, supporting cruel dictators and then toppling them when we choose best fits our interests. You should do a history lesson on the region and maybe you wouldn't have so many questions.

We have thousands of people being killed by gun violence in the US every year, yet we won't even implement universal background checks because it would be against our rights, yet 14 people are killed and now we want to ban an entire religion in a country that was founded on freedom of religion plus rounding up Americans and possibly putting them into camps. You people are ridiculous lol.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:37 PM

26,870 posts, read 43,362,269 times
Quote:
Last time I checked we weren't dropping tens of thousands of bombs in Utah. Why aren't the majority of terrorists coming from the largest Muslim country in the world (Indonesia)? Maybe because we haven't been bombing them for decades, supporting cruel dictators and then toppling them when we choose best fits our interests. You should do a history lesson on the region and maybe you wouldn't have so many questions.

We have thousands of people being killed by gun violence in the US every year, yet we won't even implement universal background checks because it would be against our rights, yet 14 people are killed and now we want to ban an entire religion in a country that was founded on freedom of religion plus rounding up Americans and possibly putting them into camps. You people are ridiculous lol.
We rarely agree it seems but I give you kudos. Very well-stated and spot on in my opinion.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:47 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,169,161 times
Quote:

Don't need a history lesson on the region and maybe you need to read a little more. Just a matter of time ...

ISIS eyes fertile recruiting ground in Indonesia, other Southeast Asia nations - Washington Times

And last time I checked, guns don't kill people; people kill people. And I have no issue with a universal background check. But what good is a flipping background check going to do if a person is mentally unstable or has a political agenda to fulfill ? And do you think a background check is going to really stop gun violence ?

No one except you as the sensationalist is proposing a permanent ban on Muslims. You do know what a temporary moratorium is, right ? You don't think it's a good idea to improve our vetting system to possibly eliminate those who might want to kill you, your parents, your girlfriend, etc ?

And it's not just 14 people - how old were you on 9/11/01 ?

Old 12-12-2015, 08:47 PM

35,362 posts, read 20,730,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Well, Homeland Security caught this guy..and yet it's a drumbeat..Government is useless CAN'T protect us.. THEREFORE >lets buy more gun attitude continues to become their rationale!!......Ohh well..Gun hugger's constantly look for some "Excuse" to buy more guns!! SMH!!

Fear Factor works for that "Industry" for sure!!! Gun huggers versus responsible gun owners ( 2 separate entities) have evolved..BO is no longer the reason..it's now those Islam folks they have to protect themselves from!!

Government over-reach ( Anarchist agenda) ~ need more gun power
BO is going to take away our guns!! ~ need to buy more guns
Muslims a threat ~ Buy more guns as Government can't and won't protect us!

This is how NRA and Gun maker's make their $$$$$ more guns better..les guns losses to bottomline.....NRA has evolved almost to the anarchy stage..Any and all Government limitations means..TOTAL losses of 2nd amendment rights!! yep extreme..but it works for them!!

they Caught the GUY___ !!! let them pass the darn budget put Intel back to work- 24-7 --and then maybe we can do something worthwhile. How can you promise this or that with an empty purse- the moment the prez say OK we going to war--- here come the obstructionist --OH NO !! we don't want that stop the budget--- yes that is the game that is played-- and better follow who has the keys to that door-

Old 12-12-2015, 09:25 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,232,030 times
Quote:

Are you OK sending billions of our tax dollars there every year while they don't honor settlement agreements with palestinians and kill off innocent civilians and children?

A two-state solution is needed and Isreal isn't playing ball. Time to hold them accountable.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:27 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,232,030 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: