Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2015, 06:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,213 times

Advertisements

Hi There
I am going to start a project to start my move to Orlando, FL
in about 4 years. By then my daughter is done with H.S.
I currntly live in Pembroke Pines, Fl and I love it, but my mother
just hates me and I have tried so much all my life to show her
how much i want to love her, care for her and have her close to me.
The real probem is that she really hates my dad and I am a constant reminder
of him, so therefore she cant stand me
I decided to move away from her where I dont have to see her or feel her rejection
is to painful and I cant take it anymore.

Ok lets start planning!!!!!!!
I havve been to orlando many times for vacation, and I love it!!!
I want to buy a House 3/4 Bedroom 3 Bathroom I story, single family home my Budget is $150,000 or less
I want it in a nice area with lots of old trees maybe near a college so my daughter can
attend and is not a long drive, I am also looking for a good Christian Spanish Assebly of of God Church
near my Home.
I am a Nurse, I would like to work and live near the Hospital (dont Know wich one)

If anyone can recommend a Good Area, feel free
to comment

P.S. I love Disney Area or close by
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 07:12 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,984,073 times
Your housing budget is in line with your fantasy about living in Orlando, which by the way will be nothing like your vacation so try to bear that in mind.

You won't find any nice homes in safe areas at the price with your criteria (under 150K), but if you can adjust down to a 3/2 and perhaps a townhouse you'll find some nice properties in safe areas to consider. Check out the Altamonte Springs area which has Florida Hospital North for work and a sizable Spanish-speaking community, especially on the west side. There are a number of nice housing options on the west side, north of SR436 and west of I-4 you might want to consider.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:28 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,346,116 times
I would have to agree with Kyle that your budget may limit your housing options within your criteria. I also agree that if you downsized to a smaller home your options would increase. Areas with homes that may meet your criteria include Sanford, East Orlando, University Park and Casselberry.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:35 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,471,332 times
Move to the Orlando Forum.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:28 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,399,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilynmella View Post

P.S. I love Disney Area or close by
Kissimmee, Four Corners, LBV

Old 12-16-2015, 08:25 PM

17 posts, read 94,253 times
I agree with others about budget, it will not land you that far. We will be moving too in about 6 months(currently we live in Wellington), we chose Narcoossee area, it's nice, close to Lake Nona (lot of opportunities in medical related fields I guess, maybe could be good for you) and most important for my work, close to the airport . I checked the Saint Cloud area, you can find very nice and affordable townhouses there right around your budget, now, you are talking about a four year project, that's way too long to predict changes in housing, locations, I mean, almost everything. You might want to either hold your horses for the next three and a half years and don't even think about it or just move forward now while prices are still affordable, goodness knows what's going to happen even next year

Old 12-20-2015, 07:07 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
That far out we don't know where we will be . I'm 5 mi from down orl and found a nice smaller home via short sale .. Pool and all. I am from S-Fl and feel safe, check out lee vista, alafaya and lake under hill going east of semoran. I have screen glass door and have my reg door open when home. Save your money and the hospital here gave a friend of ours a bonus over $10k to come to work. Good luck. Ohh churches 24/7 off goldenrod

Old 12-21-2015, 07:46 PM

36 posts, read 33,729 times
A small townhouse in summer port windemere or winter garden townhouse independence or maybe a small condo on 535
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando