Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 10:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey falcon View Post
i won't even let my girlfriend stick anything up my butt.
tmi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
We already have them at sports games, so it's nothing new.
Agree. Makes sense to me. Some things don't, however. I mean, Pluto can't speak, but Goofy can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 04:32 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
Just want to say......some of ya'll are being kind of gross for older ladies like me to read. Lets keep it on topic of metal detectors and keep your sex lives private. Yeah, I know just ignore the posts but hate to see people from other states reading this and thinking all Florida residents are lower class. Oh, wait, they think we are all weird anyway. Stepping down from the mom "soap box" now. :-)

As for detectors and added security. Probably a good thing. As for have they had a threat?......Just look at how many schools have been evacuated and had lock downs etc, in the last few months so a popular park has probably had some too. If something did happen and they didn't have security at the gates than people would be crying why don't they.

Just out of curiosity for anyone who works in a public place.
How many of your jobs have trained you what to do to protect yourself in case of an active shooter? About a year ago the company I work for had us all watch a video and then tour the building to learn exits, doors that lock, rooms with outside exits etc.
I guess having had a mass shooting take place in your hometown makes us more aware that it can happen anywhere. It does not have to be related to ISIS because there are a lot of crazies right here in the states.

Old 12-19-2015, 06:49 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Do you just have these crime articles on standby?
He sits indoors all day to avoid crime

Old 12-19-2015, 07:01 AM

5,199 posts, read 6,142,795 times
We were at WDW last weekend and noticed the police presence along with the dogs.

We are pass holders and that was the first time I can recall seeing them.

From the link below there was an incident that happened the day before.

Man tries to bring gun into Disney World, deputies say | www.wftv.com

Right now I take the twins in while the wife does the backpack check, the detectors will definite slow things down.............but small price to pay if it could avert something bad from happening.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:18 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! This made my day!!!!!!
Well actually, we do have a sex tape.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:45 AM

1,445 posts, read 2,321,847 times
This should have been done after September 11th, the only day the Disney property has closed since it opened. Disney attracts 50 million people a year, it is one of the best targets in the world for a terrorist attack, it's a very smart move.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:31 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,076,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
This should have been done after September 11th, the only day the Disney property has closed since it opened. Disney attracts 50 million people a year, it is one of the best targets in the world for a terrorist attack, it's a very smart move.
1- The park is a private industry, of which a serious attack would moreso have financial ramifications to ABC/ESPN/Disney. This generally isn't the desire of significant political groups (what you may refer to as terrorist groups).

2- The human capital at WDW contributes significantly less to society than majors like Hopsitals, Banking, Universities, Transit Centers. While horrific to think about, outside the Orlando metro this wouldn't affect the majority of this country's day to day operations.

3- Disney has open points EVERYWHERE. The possibility of Metal Detection is a wonderful deterrent, but there are tens of thousands of people conglomerating at Disney Springs, Ticket & Transportation Center, Magic Kingdom Gates- all which are 'pre-screening'.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:16 AM

5,199 posts, read 6,142,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
1- The park is a private industry, of which a serious attack would moreso have financial ramifications to ABC/ESPN/Disney. This generally isn't the desire of significant political groups (what you may refer to as terrorist groups).

2- The human capital at WDW contributes significantly less to society than majors like Hopsitals, Banking, Universities, Transit Centers. While horrific to think about, outside the Orlando metro this wouldn't affect the majority of this country's day to day operations.

3- Disney has open points EVERYWHERE. The possibility of Metal Detection is a wonderful deterrent, but there are tens of thousands of people conglomerating at Disney Springs, Ticket & Transportation Center, Magic Kingdom Gates- all which are 'pre-screening'.

I would have to say in my opinion item two would have a substantial effect on the USA and abroad. Disney and Orlando are a vacation Mecca for millions of Americans and Europeans. Thousands of these tourists coverage on Orlando daily.

If you close down Disney for a day it would affect a minimum of 100k people each day. These are just tourists, not workers or support people...............how many days would it then take to sweep the property's? This would have a far reaching rippling effect.

Just my two cents, but to close Disney World for a week would have far more psychological effect than a single hospital or transit station attack on the American public.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:24 AM

8,043 posts, read 10,635,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
What a world we have come to when you have to pass your 3 year thru a metal detector to go on Disney property.

Sadly, isn't that the truth.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:00 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
I would have to say in my opinion item two would have a substantial effect on the USA and abroad. Disney and Orlando are a vacation Mecca for millions of Americans and Europeans. Thousands of these tourists coverage on Orlando daily.

If you close down Disney for a day it would affect a minimum of 100k people each day. These are just tourists, not workers or support people...............how many days would it then take to sweep the property's? This would have a far reaching rippling effect.

Just my two cents, but to close Disney World for a week would have far more psychological effect than a single hospital or transit station attack on the American public.
I agree. It's the premier global entertainment company imo. Star wars broke the single opening day ($100 mil+) record this weekend and will likely overtake avatar and titanic to become the biggest grosser of all time.

Those backwards Islamists hate things like American pop culture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando